13: The Zillo Beast

18 BBY | MONTH 1 - Weyland

Three Rho-Class shuttles escort an Imperial transport towards one of the main Imperial bases. As a shuttle lands, Scalder, a female doctor, approaches it, flanked by two clone commandos.

She raises her eye wear as another woman exits with a datapad in hand. She's wearing rectangular glasses, with her brown hair tied behind her. Her name is Emerie Karr, and the man behind her is a fellow colleague and boss. His name is, Royce Hemlock.

"Welcome, Doctor." Scalder adjusts her eyewear back to its original state. "All preparations have been made for your arrival."

"I would hope so," Hemlock replies, glancing at Emerie standing straight up between him and this other Doctor.

"Notify me once our remaining vessels arrive... and see to the transfer of the assets." With that he begins to walk inside.

Emerie turns to Scalder. "Have the cargo taken below."

Inside the building in the Imperial corridors, Royce walks the halls of the prison cells, hoping to find Nala Se. Once finding her... he's surprised to see both her and Lina Ru together in the same cell. His gaze lays on Nala more with almost sadness that she isn't working.

"It's been a long time, Mistress Se," Hemlock breathes out.

"Indeed... Dr. Hemlock," Nala looks up for a moment at the human.

"How it pains me to see you like this," Hemlock speaks in a quiet manner, enough that she could still hear him. "Why does someone so talented prefer to rot in a cell instead of using their gifts to better the galaxy?"

"I am not especially motivated to continue my work," Nala replies. "After the Empire destroyed my civilization."

"What of your sister here?" he asks.

"I am only in here, because of Nala," Lina speaks with irritation. "I should be working right now."

"Hm..." Hemlock sounds. "What was done on Kamino was unfortunate. More so Madam Ru's clone was rumored to be dead and a blame of many things. That of course... is another story. But know that both of your research remains intact."

He breathes for a moment, letting it sink in to both Kaminoans.

"It'll now serve a higher purpose... The Emperor's purpose."

Nala's heart drops. Need she hear that for herself? When she already knew? Lina... no, Nisha was a big help in Palpatine's role to do what he did. To create something bigger... stronger.

"--Don't you wish to be a part of such a scientific achievement?"

Lina looks at her sister with a mocking, sinister expression as Nala's eyes fall to the floor briefly.

"I know what Emperor Palpatine seeks to accomplish... and he will not have my cooperation."

Royce's eyes narrow, "Perhaps you require the right incentive... Know that I'll be taking over operations here on Tantiss, and I can do far worse than confine you to a cell."

He then sighs, whispering. "I'll let you think on that..."

"Doctor," Emerie, Hemlock's assistant finally catches up to report some news. "We lost communication with transport 904."

"Have the recovery teams begin a search," Hemlock orders. "We need that asset contained. And, Emerie, were there any other Kaminoans taken off-world prior to the destruction of Tipoca City?"

She simply blinks. "Their prime minister. He remains in Imperial custody on Coruscant."

"Have him brought here," he further orders. "I wish to speak to him personally... Take Madam Ru with you to her new cell, she will serve a better purpose in our labs momentarily."