6: Enraging the Empire - Part 2

19 BBY | MONTH 9 - Some time later

CORUSCANT | RAMPART'S OFFICE

"You will be studying in here while I work, Marien," Rampart gestures a seat to his moody son. Marien is to NOT show up to school until his actions are fixed, yet no one seems to notice he's doing good by defending his friend Syril Karn.

The boy sits, briefly glancing at his father's datapad laying on the desk. The Vice Admiral picks it up returning his working gaze, receiving word of an approaching soon-to-be prisoner.

Marien's eyes shift to the door as two TK troopers walk in with a girl in stun cuffs. 'That's not a clone force 99 member? right...?'

The girl who happens to be Leda, is thrown to the ground, forcing Leda to her knees as she grunts. "OW-- Ya had to toss me on the floor this way?"

She looks up at the desk knowing the troopers weren't going to respond and sighs to the man himself looking over his desk with a blank expression. "Oh, great... it's Admiral Moron." she rolls her eyes as he leans back in his seat.

"Ah... if it isn't Miss Delvin? Not a surprise to be seeing you."

'That name sounds familiar,' Marien thinks to himself, studying the angered expression of the girl with a diamond marking on her face.

"And where's Noble? Causing more problems?" Rampart raises a brow which makes Marien look immediately over to his father in worry.

"Why would I tell you?" Leda shoots back. Rampart had no idea who he'd be dealing with if she showed up.

"Hmm..." Rampart folds his hands together after gesturing the troopers out of the room briefly to have a private conversation. He sits up straight to look Leda in her eyes. "Clone force 99, let's see... they rescued you many months ago, my wife reported you escaping with them, and a clone named Noble who has caused much destruction in the recent days--"

"You're lying," Leda cuts in. "Noble hasn't--"

"Now... child, you know better to interrupt me," Rampart presses a button, silencing her with those stun cuffs. Marien inhales sharply wanting to speak up, why does he have to watch this? is his father really that blind to see how bad this makes Marien feel?

"Surely your friends would not be so foolish to come here and rescue you. I mean, they all are dead anyway," Rampart chuckles. "Except for Noble.."

"You don't know my friends like I do, Ramp," Leda chews. "And I am not a child!.. besides, there's a difference between brave and foolish if ya didn't know."

"Brave?" Rampart scoffs. "If they were, they'd show up here. But either way... it's foolish."

Marien watches with slight irritation as Rampart orders Leda to a cell for further interrogation later on since she is being too stubborn for his taste. "Please bring in CT-9904," Rampart comms the central command.

+++

After a moment of waiting, former clone commander, Crosshair walks in wearing a new uniform.

"CT-9904," Rampart says without looking up from his datapad. Though Marien gazes quietly in between loading screens of his device.

"Congratulations. You've been medically cleared for active duty," Rampart confirms with unsurprising dullness in his voice. "Remind me. How long were you left stranded on that Kaminoan platform before being recovered?"

Crosshair removes the urge to clench his teeth from the lack of talking. "thirty-two rotations."

"Hmm. All that time," Rampart looks at him now, gazing at the soldier with a light chuckle following right after. "Left for dead and yet you still came back... Why?"