Chapter Twenty Five

"My Otter Half," I beam up at Axel. He stands in my doorway with a relaxed stance; his plain tee is tight across his chest. His long hair is pulled into a sleek ponytail, accentuating his sharp features. A smile as inviting as silk sits on his face.

"My Rock."

I feel every nerve on my body perk up in response to his deep purr. Axel has the innate ability to spark every part of my being. He's the oxygen that feeds my fire. Nurturing my tame embers into a raging inferno. With a shuttering breath, I step away from the door to let him into my apartment. Despite my plans to see him and his brothers in the evening, I didn't want to sit on my nerves until our eventual Q and A.

He walks smoothly through the door, navigating easily into my living room. Even in his relaxed state, he demands attention, an unsurprising feature given his role as team liaison. It's the same commanding presence as Owen's; the only similarity the two leaders have. I follow close behind him, settling next to him on the couch. His arm wraps around my waist, pulling me into his side. I feel his sigh of comfort as I settle and tilt my head back to meet his gaze.

"Have you had lunch yet," he asks.

I shake my head, "I was waiting for you, silly."

He grins, "What should we do then? Do you want to go out to eat?"

I hum, "I don't really have any groceries right now." My cheeks flush, "Since I was at the hospital for the majority of the week, I didn't have time to cook meals."

He nods in understanding, "I don't think Raven and I have any groceries right now either."

I laugh, "It seems like going out to lunch is the better option then. How about the diner?"

He considers the idea before nodding his head. "Yeah, that sounds like a plan. But let's wait before we go." I open my mouth to question what he means but am interrupted when he pulls me flush against his chest, his other arm wrapping around me. "I want a little more cuddle time with my girlfriend."

I reach around him, hugging him tightly. He smells like fresh rain, and I can't help the contented sigh. My body melts in his arms, releasing the tension I've held all week. He presses soft kisses along my hairline. I worry that he can feel the heavy thudding in my chest or the heat that builds inside me. One of his arms moves from my waist and returns near my face. His fingers caress my skin as he pushes my hair away from my eyes. I tilt my head back to meet his gaze again, almost gasping at the pools of bourbon that greet me. I can't tear my eyes away as he leans in. It's not until his lips meet mine that my eyes flutter shut. He moves our mouths slowly, savoring the sensation of our locked exchange. His large hand cups my cheek, directing my movements. I follow his lead obediently, desperate for deeper, rougher friction but completely addicted to his attention.

His tongue slips out and swipes along my lower lip. I oblige, parting my lips and sliding my tongue to meet his. He maintains the slow movements but increases the pressure of our affections. I whimper into the kiss, and he caresses the apple of my cheek with his thumb. I grasp tightly to the back of his shirt with one hand, shifting the other up his chest before cupping the back of his neck. Our mouths separate briefly for gasping breaths only to hook back onto each other. The sensual kisses are increasingly more erotic, becoming frantic as we crush our lips together. I pull his face closer to mine as he reaches to grip my hair.

"Axel," I moan softly.

He sears his mouth with mine before pulling away, resting his forehead on mine. It's silent aside from the heaving breathing from the two of us.

"I'm sorry," he pants. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you dearly," I whisper.

He kisses me on the forehead and pulls away from me. "Come on Lovebug, let's go get some lunch.