f. adler + helping him button his shirt

you wake up to an exasperated sigh, frank's weight dipping the mattress.

you blink a few times in the semi-darkness, then prod at his hunched-over back with a finger.

"frankie, here, lemme—"

"i got it, sweetheart."

you throw off the blanket and crawl to where he sits on the edge of the bed. still a little drowsy, you clumsily swing your leg over his lap, settling onto his big thighs, which are covered by the thin fabric of his pajamas. "hands stiff again?"

frank doesn't look at you. "yeah."

"i'll do it," you whisper. your hands drag up the wide area of his chest before landing at the edges of his light shirt, near the second button from the collar. "but you gotta thank me for each one."

frank lets out a quick sigh, his eyes darkening at your low tone, but nods. head angled down, he watches your deft fingers.

you do the button, then frank looks up—still avoiding your eyes—to plant a kiss on your lips. "thank you."

lazily, you close the next button.

his plush lips touch yours, lingering a bit longer and pressing a bit deeper this time. "thank you, sweetheart."

after the third button, you can feel frank staring at you openly. refusing eye contact, you deliberately halt your movements until he grudgingly murmurs his thanks.

satisfied with yourself, you wiggle happily in his lap. his hands fly to your hips.

another button, and frank places his kiss in the crook of your neck instead, tugging the collar of your shirt to the side, his whispered words ghosting against your skin.

only two more. hands wander to the hem of your pajama shorts, squeezing your thighs almost to the point of pain.

you can barely slip the bottom button through the hole before frank turns abruptly, launching you until your back hits the mattress. he follows you, knocking out some of your air when his chest meets yours.

"you..." his jaw clenches for a moment before he laughs. "are gonna kill me one day."

"that's not what you're supposed to say to me," you scoff, still amazed that you have any authority left in your voice as he laces his fingers with yours, gripping and pushing.

he grumbles as he lightly bites the skin of your collarbone. "thank you."