h. cho + first hurt/comfort

helen stares in delight as the weird little robot arms beam lasers into your skin.

the machine had made you jump at first, but the combination of its dull, somewhat pleasant burning sensation and helen's hand bracing your shoulder calmed you quickly.

"it works," she breathes in wonder, as she studies the device recreating your tissues.

you jerk your shoulder, lightly slapping helen's hand, all while trying to keep your leg still. "there was a chance it wouldn't?"

she laughs brightly. "it's science: it doesn't always work."

deeply frowning, you watch the gash in your thigh slowly diminish. "i'm your first?"

helen shakes her head, pushing some buttons on the machine. "i've tested it on myself. small papercuts, scrapes."

tired of craning your neck, you allow your head to fall back on the supporting cushion. you grin at the ceiling. "aw, cho. thought i was special."

the device shuts off. before you can flex your leg, helen reaches over, tracing her fingers over your bare thigh. "special in that you're the avenger most likely to get injured from a mission."

you chuckle. everyone else got bandages and bed rest, while you showed up with dark streaks of blood down your leg. "yeah."

your mind could be playing tricks on you, but helen seemed awfully worried when natasha helped you limp into her lab earlier. you wonder what that's about.

"i'm glad you're okay," she says with a soft tone, offering an arm to help you sit up. her hand returns—ever so briefly—to your smooth thigh. an innocent touch, but an electric one. "thank you for being my guinea pig."

you can't quite meet her eye, but you smile. "any time."