a. barber + first time swimming together

as soon as you walk through the doors of the gym, you and andy go your separate ways.

you have nothing against working out with him—god only knows how much you'd enjoy watching him do a set of bicep curls—but he prefers swimming and weight lifting, while you go for cardio machines and yoga mats.

today, though, you've arrived early enough that a few glances through the windows into the pool area confirm that andy is swimming alone. you had stashed away a surprise at the bottom of your gym bag just for this occasion.

after a shower, you pad across the tile and dip into the water at the end of andy's lane. he swims noticeably faster once he turns around and sees your bare legs posed enticingly on the metal ladder, making you giggle.

you clear your throat as he approaches, excited to see his flustered look and drop a couple of flirty lines. instead, his goggles fly out of the water and onto the pool deck with a wet splat, and one swift yank on your calves has you slipping into the pool with a squeak.

when you resurface, you push weakly at his chest with one hand. "andy!" you pout. "i was just gonna watch you swim."

he laughs. "in this?" under the water, his fingers glide against the stretchy material of your new swimsuit.

you shove away from him. "in what?" with your heart rate still pounding from that surprise dunk, you sound more whiny than coy and coquettish.

"it's nice."

"i don't know what you're talking about."

"never seen you in a two-piece, honey."

your nose scrunches as you drop your attempt to be flirtatious. "i'm self-conscious."

he backs you into the edge of the pool, lifting you by the waist until your butt perches on the ladder again. "not around me, though?"

for a moment, you smile. "not anymore."

one of his hands grips the ladder, the other sliding along your thigh, when he stretches up to kiss you.