PROLOGUE.

THIRD PERSON POV.

THAWNE.

Thawne groaned for the tenth time at all the festivities surrounding him. He was never used to this scene. It gave him the chills. Susan has obviously changed his boss but Thawne still wasn't sure about her.

He didn't hate her but that didn't mean he liked her either. She was nice to him and it was something Thawne was not used to. No one can be nice unless they wanted something or they were hypocrite and Thawne hated hypocrites.

He had previously thought Susan was nothing but a distraction and a weakness, but with what happened last year it was clear that that was not the case.

The woman had stayed strong beside the man he admired. Thawne had thought at one point she'll run for the hills but the way she looks at his Marcelo, it was obvious to Thawne that she was there to stay all the way. Thawne was sort of happy for his boss.

But he was also happy his Boss didn't change all the way. The man was still vicious and ruthless and calculative as always. Something Thawne was greatful for.

Thawne certainly didn't expect his boss to invite him to Thanksgiving. It was weird but it was obvious that Susan had forced his boss to invite him when she knew how close he and Marcelo were and how they've a relationship for years.

Thawne was not used to this sort of closeness. The closeness he and Marcelo has one not the normal one. The only casual thing they did together at most was have a drink in complete and total silence. That's the way it had been for years but now he was seeing this new side and he... He didn't hate it.

A part of him knew that he had actually been yearning for this part of their relationship.
Thawne drank his white wine in silence as he scanned the people who walked around the huge mansion.

Thawne smiled as he caught sight of Susan pulling her younger brother's ear while he yelped in pain and Marcelo smiling proudly at the scene in front of him. Thawne knew that the woman can be terrifying how else could she handle someone like Marcelo King. A man who is more crazy than he's sane.

What suddenly caught his attention from the scene playing in front of him was the presence of a woman. A woman he knew in more ways than one.

The bright orange pixie haircut was literally calling for attention. Hannah. The sister of the man he hated. Miller. Thawne had not seen Miller since last year. Apparently Marcelo sent him to overlook business oversees. That still had Thanwe pissed off. Miller's a backstabbing son of a bitch but Marcelo still kept him by his side.

As expected from a crazy and unpredictable man like Marcelo King to keep the spy and traitor by his side.

Hannah was talking to Susan as Sam— Susan's younger brother— wrapped his arm around her shoulders and whispered something into her ear and Hannah said something back before giving him a playful nudge in his side.

Thawne couldn't take his eyes off her. Not because he didn't want to or couldn't but because.... He didn't know himself we when it came to Hannah. He has too many conflicting emotions.

Hannah was one of the most gorgeous woman he have ever met, but the lady was crazy. He had worked with her on some occasions for Marcelo and Thawne could admit she was good but he hated her and she hated him. That was the base of their relationship. Hatred

************

HANNAH.

"You have always been a loner." Hannah said as she stayed in the shadows and watched as Thawne leaned against the railing in the balcony. He didn't have to turn to know who it was.

Hannah knew that he could recognize her voice. Hannah could see as he sighed in frustration and ran his fingers through his blonde hair.

"What do you want Hannah?" He asked her coldly and looked and almost admired the green land of the estate that stretched before him and past the horizon till he couldn't see again. The bright moon shining fully in the night sky giving the landscape a dark beauty that he couldn't help but admire.

"Aren't you as warm as I remember?" Hannah mocked sacarstically.

She moved out of the comfort of the shadows and walked into the balcony and the moon light lit up her face and whole being.
Hannah had not really seen much of Thawne in the past year since she stopped working for Marcelo but the man was still as hateful as ever.
She had seen him sneak away after the dinner and decided to follow him.

Hannah didn't like Thawne. To her he was as dark and ruthless and cruel as Marcelo. But Marcelo  was different now, he was now a little bearable after he got whipped or rather obsessed with her best friend, because that's how she liked to see it. She still couldn't wrap her head around the fact that Marcelo King can love someone.

Hannah had worked a few times with Thawne and he was the most level headed guy she had ever met. He was smart and calculating and cunning. She expected no less from a man who was Marcelo King's left hand.

"Do you need something Hannah?" Thawne asked her in a hard voice to show that he wasn't in the mood to talk to her.

Hannah took a deep breath and tried to calm herself and stop her self from insulting him, or better punching him in the face. She truthfully did follow him for something.

"As a matter of fact. I do." Hannah closed her eyes and tried to back out from asking him what she was going to next.

It's all for my new life. She said to herself and that gave her the courage she knew she lacked.

"I need you to help me with a favor."

Thawne stood straight and looked at Hannah in surprise.

"I'm sorry, what?"

Hannah could see the smug look on his face and it was beginning to infuriate her. He may have been surprised at first by her statement but he was now enjoying it and probably wondering what it was and would allow Hannah to come and ask him for a favour.

"I need a favor...—rather, I need your help."

Thawne must have sensed something wrong as he looked at her.
The smug look disappeared from his face and he became serious.

"With what?"

"Something important." She answered vaguely.

Hannah wasn't ready to talk about it when her best friend was just in the other room. And it looked like Thawne understood that.

"So? Are you going to help me?"

"Not before I know what I'm helping you with."

" That's fair." Hannah nodded her head.

"So Hannah, what exactly am I helping you with?" He cocked a perfect brow.

-
-
-