Bucky Barnes: Dancing with our hands tied

A/n: Welcome to my new oneshots book full of Sebastian Stan! I wrote this because I feel like there aren't enough reader-insert Seb fics and because there's certain storylines I want to read so might as well write it! I hope you enjoy!

Summary: You and Bucky dance together for the first time since he came back from the war.

40s!Bucky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You stood there, waiting. It's not like you didn't know if he was coming or not. Word was spoken to you that your fiancé made his way home with little to no injuries.

And then, through the crowd of soldiers and their special someones, was Bucky Barnes. Still in his Sargent uniform, looking handsome as ever. Steve Rogers, his best pal, right beside him with Peggy Carter on his arm.

You heard that Steve was given the serum, and how Bucky was kidnapped and given it as well...just without his consent. You were worried when you found out, but Bucky reassured you in a lengthy letter that he was fine and that he was coming home.

"Bucky!" You shouted and he turned to see you, waving your arms in the air. Bucky's eyes lit up before running towards you and scooping you up in his arms, twirling you around in the air.

You couldn't help the flow of happy tears from spilling and he cradled you in his arms, whispering reassuring things.

"I'm home now, doll. I'm here. Your safe with me, I'm not going to let anything hurt you." The soldier whispered into your ear.

Then, the band started to play. It was a slow song, and you saw Steve and Peggy gather by the stage with all the other couples, beginning to dance.

Bucky put you down and the two of you started to dance together like you had when you had your first night together in your new apartment in Brooklyn. You leaned your head into his shoulder and sighed happily.

It's safe to say you're happy to have your soldier back.

I'm sorry it's short! I just needed one to get this book going!