Bucky Barnes: Lost and found

Requested by Ghost_Guard_13
Gender Neutral!Reader (They/Them pronouns)

Summary: You were captured by Hydra in the 40's but were rescued a couple years later when Peggy and the rest of SHIELD infiltrated the Hydra base. You find the Avengers compound and run inside, only to find the love of your life you lost all those years ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steve showed Bucky around the compound. "So, this is the compound, your room is right next to mine." He said and Bucky nodded. He wasn't necessarily listening to Steve, because his mind drifted off to you.

The person he loves more than anything in this world, and what he'd do to get you back in his arms. The Captain noticed Bucky being deep in thought and tapped him lightly on the shoulder.

"Hey, everything alright?" The blonde asked carefully.

Bucky sighed, "Just thinking about Y/n again."

Steve gave Bucky a sympathetic look "I know you miss them, Buck. But as far as we know, they're gone. You know, I felt like that about Peggy for awhile and I-" Steve was cut off by the glass doors to the compound flying open.

The two men quickly drew their weapons, ready to attack the intruder, only to find you.

Bucky's heart stopped for a moment. You and him exchanged eye contact for a moment before he ran to you and engulfed you in a hug.

"Y/n! Oh my god I missed you so fucking much!" He breathed into your hair.

"I missed you too, Bucky bear." You responded, tears streaming down your face.

Your soldier pulled back to look at you. Noticing the metal plate on your cheek and on the back of your neck.

He carefully caressed the metal on your cheek, "Baby, what happened to you?"

"Hydra. They did some experiments and...blew off my cheek and the back of my neck." You cried and he cradled you in his arms.

"Shh...I'm here now. Nothing is going to hurt you ever again, sweetheart." He whispered.

Steve watched from the sidelines, feeling his heart melting in his chest.

You pulled away and kissed Bucky passionately, his arms wrapping around your waist.

The two of you pulled away, breathless.

"I love you, Y/n."

"I love you too, Bucky."