Chapter Thirty-Nine

GARDEN PARTY

Since going public with Louis I found the atmosphere in Kensington seemed to be more greeting. Suddenly, I found Louis' cousins and distant relatives who live in the palace at Louis's door to greet me properly or scheduling teas and lunches with me. "I was afraid they were going to start doing this," he huffed when his cousin Teresa had sent a hand delivered message to Louis's door. "Just don't fall for any of their tricks. I swear they're worse than the U.K. press."

    Though, when I wasn't fraternizing with his family I was off joining him on some remote event he was opening, showcasing, or publicizing for charity. Either it was a hospital, a children's center, or even sometimes a football or rugby league game. I made small talk with the people there and enjoyed playing with the kids.

    Today, I was woken up by his lips pressing against mine. "Morning sleepyhead," he whispered against me as my eyes fluttered open to see him smiling down at me fully dressed.

    "Where are you going?" I asked after a few more kisses my arms wrapping around his neck to pull him closer to me. "Come back to bed."

    He laughed as he struggled to stay standing. "I can't, I have an event go to."

    Suddenly, I felt awake. "Am I late?" I said sitting up. "Give me a few minutes I can get—"

    "No, no, no!" He rushed out settling me back into bed. "You're fine. There's actually some people here for you so..." My mind woke here and for a second I thought Tatiana was going to burst through those doors. "I got an amazing dress maker and some stylist to come by."

    "What for?"

    "The garden party tomorrow at the House (Buckingham Palace)," he explained. "It'll just me my family and a couple charity organizations, but I wanted you to feel special. Pierre will help you with that and when I come back I'll treat you to dinner and we can stay in bed all night."

    I smiled as I kissed him again and watched him leave. I waded in bed for moments longer before getting up, slipping into a robe and opening the door to see an army of people setting up in the living room. "Ah and she is more gorgeous than the magazine depicted her to be," the man who approached me had a thick french accent and I could barely decipher what he was saying. He cupped my face and spun me around and slapped my behind (which I almost scolded him for). "Sorry, I could not help myself. When I see a beautiful woman, I must adore her," he smoothed out before pulling me to a small stage in the cent of the living room that stood in front of three mirrors. "Now, strip."

    "What?"

    "Strip," he said again pointing to my robe. "We need to measure you and get you size to the most perfect point. My dresses fit like a glove and make you feel like the princess you already are... and will soon become."

    I slowly pulled at the strings of the robe, but before I could unload them on of Pierre's helpers unlaced it and ripped it off me leaving me just in my silk set pajama.

    My arms quickly tried to shield my body from on lookers, but Pierre and his helpers were quicker than me and pulled at my arms open. They took my measurements and at times it felt like twenty hands were working on me at one. I was a doll they were manipulating, moving my body to their whim and pleasure as they asked me different questions like; what's your favorite flower? I don't have one. Your favorite color? Beige. Your favorite food? What does this have to do with dresses? (I got slapped on my shoulder to talking back) Truffle Ravioli.

    The questions came and suddenly I was slipping out of my pajamas and fitted into a brilliant silk dress that shawled in the front, but had one of the longest trains. "No, worries we can fix." It took hours and as Pierre and his workers tailored my dress the hairstylist, Andrea and her workers tried different looks to my hair.