05- Pretty Girls Aren't Suppose To Cry

On our way to the lot we passed by this beat up couch and that's when I noticed there was someone on it and they seemed to be hurt.

"Hey Dal. I think someone's hurt." I pointed to the couch. Dally looked and his eyes got wide and ran over to the couch, I ran with him. And that when I saw that person was Johnny.

"I'm going to go get help from the Curtis'" Dally said running off. I sat on the floor next to Johnny and put my hand on his forehead and pushed his long bangs out of his face. He had a black eye and his nose was bleeding.

He opened his eyes and looked around and then saw me. He grunted and moved a little, "Where am I?" He asked. "You're at the lot Johnny." I said. And that's when his eyes got a shade darker and he started breathing heavy trying not to cry. I grabbed his hand and intertwined my fingers with his, "it's okay Johnny, im here." I said trying to reassure him. He calmed down a little and looked at our hands and then looked up at me. I smiled and he closed his eyes a winced a little.

"What's wrong?" I said worried. "My back just hurts a little." He said while sitting up.

"Can I see?" I asked. He nodded and turned around. I left up his shirt exposing his back. I let out a gasps. There was a giant bruise. I lightly rubbed over it and he flinched. "I'm sorry." I apologized.

"It's fine," he said turning his head to look at me a little. I went back to rubbing my fingers over back trying to make him feel better. He calmed down and felt him relax a little. His breathing was now at a steady pace.

"Who did this?" I whispered, breaking the silence. I put down his shirt and he turned around and faced me. He looked down at his hands, "My parents." He mumbled. My eyes got wide.

"Your parents abuse you?!" I said as quiet as I could. He nodded. My eyes started to tear up a little. "I'm so sorry Johnny." I hugged him and hugged me back. I pulled away and looked at him. He looked at me too and noticed I had tears in my eyes. "Pretty girls arent suppose to cry." He said tucking hair behind my ear.

"It's seems like he's better", I heard a voice say behind us. It was Darry, and behind him the whole gang.

We all started walking back to the Curtis' and Johnny was leaning on Two-bit and Soda to help him walk. Darry, Pony, and Steve were ahead of us. Dally and I were walking behind Johnny and them.

I shivered a little so Dally put him arm around me a rubbed my arm trying to warm me up. We finally reached the house and we laid Johnny on the couch. I looked at the clock and it was already 4:15am.

"Hey Hannah you can stay over if you want. Right Darry?" Soda asked. Darry nodded. I looked over to see Pony with pure hatred in his eyes. I grinned at me little, "I would love to," I said while looking directly at Ponyboy.

"Can I use your phone?" I asked Soda.

"I don't know CAN you?" He said jokingly. I laughed a little "Stop trying to sound like a teacher Soda." I said.

I walked over to the phone and dialed my house phone praying that Cherry will pick up, not dad.

"Hello?" I heard Cherry's voice, THANK THE LORD.

"Hey Cherry can you please cover for me tomorrow. Something happened and im going to be staying at the Curtis' house. Just tell dad that im at Jessica's or something." I spoke into the phone.

"....um yeah, but you owe me. I'm going to sleep goodnight." And the line went dead. I turned to see all the guys looking at me.

"Your sister is Cherry? Cherry Valance?" Soda asked.

"Yeah. Surprising huh? Most people don't know she has a younger sister just because im not a Soc." I said sitting down on the floor against the couch where Johnny was.

"So if you're not a Soc, you're a greaser?" Two-Bit said.

"No im not taking sides. Even though I don't like Socs." I laughed. They all just nodded and went on with their own things.

It was now 5:00am and I was so tired. Two-bit and Steve left. Johnny was asleep on the couch. Dally and I were on the floor, Darry was in his room, and Soda and pony in their room. I slowly started to close my eyes and fell asleep...thinking if Dally and I are a thing yet.