10- Oh Look It's The Cuddle Buddies

H A N N A H

We got back from DQ and I was currently sitting on the couch at the Curtis', furious.

How does Ponyboy expect me to act like his girlfriend for a whole month! This is not going to work, this is going to fail just like everyone of Pony's plans. Im only doing this for Dally.

Ponyboy sat next to me and put his arm around me. I sifted awkwardly and looked at him. He made a face at me telling me to play along.

I relaxed a little bit and pushed myself closer to him to make it look like im a little less awkward. Sodapop walked out from his room and stopped and looked at us very confused.

"Did I miss something?" He asked walking very slowly over to the chair across from us and then sitting down.

Pony and I looked at each other and then looked back at Soda.

"Hannah and I are just hanging out", Pony said rubbing his hand up and down my arm. I looked at Soda smiling and nodding.

"Umm..since when do you guys hang out? You guys hate each other."

"Yeah well I think that we were just childish. Honestly Pony is really" - i gulped - an amazing guy", I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. I heard Pony snicker a little and I elbowed his side very quick.

"You two love birds are weird", Soda said while picking up a newspaper.

"Hey um Pony can you like meet me in your bedroom. NOW", I made a face at him.

He got up and we started walking to his bedroom when I heard Soda, "dont get any idea's Pony."

I shook my head and walked into Pony and Soda's bedroom with PonyBoy following me. He closed the door behind us and I yelled/whispered.

"That was so weird! I don't think I can do this." I brushed my hand through my hair.

"I know it's weird. You said I was an amazing guy, that was weird as shit", he said laughing a little. I gave him a death glare and he immediately shut up, "anyways come on Hannah. We can do this. It's only a month!"

"One month acting like your girlfriend is like an eternity in hell", I said while sitting on his bed. He walked over and sat next to me.

"Oh and don't act like you're any better!" He threw his arms up while laying on his bed. I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

"We just need to practice to be nicer to each other I guess." I said laying down next to him.

"So like closer..", he said while looking at me. Our faces were so close to each other. You know Pony isn't actually ugly. He's kind of cute.

"Yeah...closer." I said as we both closed in a little, and right before our lips can touched I laughed in his face. "I got you!" I laughed.

His face got bright red. "Well I mean I got you too", he said laughing awkwardly. "Mhmm suuuure." I said smirking at him.

After that we kind of just lay there starring at the ceiling. I ended falling into a deep sleep.

When I woke up I noticed that I was in Pony's arms and he was asleep too. I freaked out and pushed him off of me into the floor making him fall off the bed.

"Ouch. What was that for?", I looked off the bed to see him rubbing his eyes.

"Did you not noticed what we were doing?" I said shocked.

"No....?"

"WE WERE CUDDLING YOU IDIOT!" I yelled.

"EW!!!!!!" We both yelled at the same time.

We both walked out of the bedroom into the living room where everyone was. They all looked up at Pony and I and grinned.

"Oh look it's the two cuddle buddies", Two-Bit said laughing and everyone else laughed too....besides Johnny.

The gang just went on and on about Pony and I. And the worst part is, is I have to act like I'm not disgusted. This is so hard. Johnny is being oddly quiet...like more quiet than he usually is. I wonder what's going on with him.

And then I turned to look at Dally with his arm around my sister. He was looking at Pony and I sitting together with Pony's arm wrapped around me. Dally looked furious.