Chapter 29

"A different person, you say?" napaangat ang tingin ng prinsipe mula sa mga documentong binabasa nito.

" Yes, Your Highness. I already look into Guerrero's female lineage, from Lady Diannara's female cousins, down to illegitimate daughters of the clan, but none of them is the person we are looking for."

" And the flowers?"

Napapikit ng mariin si Sir Roger bago tumugon. "I'm afraid that the real Lady Diannara was the one who receive all of them, Your Highness."

Binitawan ng prinsipe ang hawak nito at napasandal sa kaniyang upuan. Biglang naalala nito ang nangyari sa engagement party.

The crown prince snigger, "That explains why she was wearing the headdress that I designed for my woman."

Napalunok si Sir Roger dahil dito. " I apologize, Your Highness." Hindi ito makatingin sa prinsipe dahil siya ang kumakausap sa nagdedeliver ng mga bulalak at regalo sa Guerrero's residence.

"Refrain from delivering flowers from now on." The crown prince commanded.

" Will do, Your Highness." Sir Roger immediately replied.

The crown prince put his arms on the armrest and began tapping his finger.

" So, the lady is not from the Guerrero's...." he said in a low tone.

Silence has surrounded the room, and the crown prince was drawn deep in his thoughts, trying to figure out who's this mystery lady.

Suddenly, it clicked in to him.

"She tricked me..." he whispered in realization.

"Your Highness?"

He looks at Sir Roger, "She tricked me..." he repeatedly said.

" Can you believe it? A crown prince was tricked by a lady!" he said in disbelief while lifted his hands on the air.

" This is so embarrassing." He chuckled while shaking his head, feeling amused.

The knight felt guilty. " I am at fault, Your Highness. I didn't check her background first to confirm her identity, which leads to this situation. I apologize for my incompetence." Sir Roger bend down to his knees.

" You don't have to apologize, Roger. As far as I can remember, I commanded you not to bother looking into her background, so I should be the one to blame here."

Agad namang napaangat ang tingin ni Sir Roger at napailing.

" No, Your Highness. Please don't blame yourself for my lack of efforts." Huminga ng malalim ang knight bago humingi ng permiso, kanina niya pa ito nais sabihin ngunit naghahanap lamang siya ng tamang tyempo.

" Please allow me to speak my mind, Sir." He asked for the crown prince permission.

Napatingin naman ang prinsipe sa kaniyang personal knight. Ito ang kauna-unahang pagkakataon simula nang dumating sila rito sa palasyo na humingi ito ng permiso upang sabihin ang mga opinion nito.

"Go ahead."

He breathed in before speaking," Pardon me for saying this, Your Highness, but I think the Lady herself was the one who cause this major confusion. She deceived you. She should have corrected you from the very beginning when you acknowledged her as Lady Diannara, but she didn't. Your Highness is a victim of her malicious deception."