∆≈CHAPTER VI≈∆

A week passed by. Meaning the arrival of Ivy Jones. Ahhhhh, whyyyyy? I groaned while I lazily brushed my teeth.

Today was Sunday. No, not my funday. But, my piano day. I mean I attended piano classes every Sunday and honestly, it was fun.

I dressed up into something casual. Pair of straight ripped jeans, a simple top, a pastel-coloured jumper on top of it and finished the outfit with a pair of Converse.

I slung my bag on my shoulder and quickly grabbed a sandwich from the kitchen and ran outside as I was late.

Thankfully, the piano classes weren't very far away from my home. So, I reached on time. We basically practiced some advanced piano notes. Mrs Everdeen, our piano teacher is such a kind lady, she always helps us if we are not able to play a note.

After returning from my piano classes, I had to go to pick Ivy's family from the airport. Today, purposefully I played the notes wrong. So that I could reach home late and Mrs Everdeen could tell mom and dad that I needed more practice.

"What happened to you Beatrix ?" Mrs Everdeen asked kindly. "Why aren't you able to play the notes today ?"

"I don't know Mrs Everdeen, I am just not getting the hold of it !" I replied, genuinely.

"But you have to get the hold of it now, don't you ?" Mrs Everdeen said.

"Yes, just a bit more practice will do it, I guess ?"

"Come on now don't waste your time and practice," Mrs Everdeen grinned at me. "Good girl !" she added.

I grinned back and went on practicing. More like fake-practicing.

My phone was vibrating inside my bag, so I took it out to see my Dad calling.

"Hello, dad ?"

"Beatrix, are you done with your piano class ?"

"Um, no," I lied.

"But, we have to pick Ivy and her family from the airport !"

"But, I can't quit my classes too, Dad !" I protested.

"Fine, but first convince your mom. Here I'm handing it to her ..."

No, I couldn't afford to talk to mom she would somehow force me into going to the airport.

"Coming, Mrs Everdeen !" I called out, loud enough for my parents to hear.
"Dad ?"

"Yes, Betty ?" He replied.

"Dad, I'm sorry but, Mrs Everdeen is calling me ... Bye, love you !" Saying this, I quickly cut the call.

Luke the guy sitting next to me said, "Beatrix, why did you say coming Mrs Everdeen when, Mrs Everdeen wasn't even calling you ?"

"Um —" I paused for a second."You wouldn't understand !"

"All right ! Whatever !" He went back to playing his piano.

I sighed to myself. Finally. At last. Ivy was coming to London. To make my life hell. She was just so attractive. So beautiful. So sweet and kind, even though she faked it ; it was hard to tell.
She was even rich on top of it ! Ugh !!! BETTER DIE THAN LIVE WITH HER.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I couldn't even hear Mrs Everdeen calling me. "Beatrix !" I heard her say, her tone sharp.

"What's wrong with you today ?" She asked. "Pay attention, or I'll inform  your parents 'bout it !! "

"I'm absolutely sorry, Mrs Everdeen !" I apologised. "I'm just a little —you know, stressed."

"Wanna go 'ome ?" She offered.

"No, thanks !" I quickly said.

" 'K !" She walked away.

I practiced the notes, even not wanting to. I just wanted to cry, for some reason.

I checked the clock, mom and dad must've left. I decided to go back home. But, we had this stupid rule, in our piano classes, to play something in front of Mrs Everdeen ; then only we could go home.

I thought of something for sometime.

Nothing came to my mind.

I grabbed my copy of the Advanced Piano Learning and flipped through the pages. Until, I found ... nothing to play.

I saw the heading,

EASY ON ME
by
ADELE

That caught my eye and I decided to play it in front of Mrs Everdeen.

I walked up to her office where her piano was situated.

"May I come in ?" I asked.

"Yes, you may !" She replied kindly.

"Mrs Everdeen, I wanna go home so, I'm here to play you something," I said.

"Now, that's the Beatrix, I know !" She grinned widely. Her wrinkles visible.

I played the song and then, Mrs Everdeen dismissed me.

Before returning home, I thought of going to Harold's. His shop was on my way home.

I reached Icy World in no time. I entered the shop. Its familiar scent engulfing me.

"Hey, Harold !" I waved at him.

"Mamma mia !" He started but, I completed it for him. .

"Look who's here !" I laughed loudly.

I sat on the chair beside Harold's in the counter.

I saw a girl walking towards Harold. He sort of blushed when she paid her bill. She also looked at him ... in a different way.

After she went away, I hopped down from my chair. "Someone's in love !" I said in a sing-song voice.

"Shut up," Harold muttered.

"O-M-G bloody hell !!!" I jumped in excitement. "Tell me who she is !"

"Um, she's my neighbour."

"You gotta be kidding me, my Harold in love !!!" I made fake kissing noises. "She was beautiful though !"

"Forget about me, what's up with you and Louis ?"

"Just the usual, f-r-i-e-n-d-s !"

"Poor child !" He made a dramatic face.

"Oh, really ?" I raised a eyebrow. "Says. You."

"Ice cream ?" Harold offered.

"No, thanks !" I replied. "Gotta get going !Byeee !!!"

"Bye !" He waved back.

×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×