∆≈CHAPTER XI≈∆

Welcome, back :))))))
How're y'all ???
Well, I'm thinking of jelly Fartridge?? want it ??
Let me know . . .

Let's start with the chapter, btw :)))

Never was I ever so excited to enter my house !

The moment I entered it ; every single thing seemed so welcoming ! I went upstairs to my room and found that it was messier than ever.

I spent an hour to clean my room and throw all the garbage away. The amount of crisp packets were so many that I had to use one jumbo sized garbage bag to throw them away.

After having done cleaning my room, I sat down to do my homework. It was almost time for dinner but, dad didn't return home. So, I did my maths homework.

"Betty !" My mum walked inside my room. She never knocked just walked in.

"Yes, mum ?" I replied, looking up from the equation that I had been trying to solve since five minutes.

"Dad's here, come down to have dinner !" Mum said.

"Okay ?" I was a bit hesitant about it. Mum never came to my room to call me for dinner but, why today ? "Anything else ?" I asked just to make sure.

"Uhm-Ivy'll be going to school from tomorrow. Daisy just informed me," she said this very fast and it seemed like she didn't even want to say this.

"Okay, so what !?!?" I tried to appear quite casual about it, but, deep down ... I wasn't !!!

"Yeah, now don't come to me, shouting all the way, Mum, why's Ivy in my school ?" Mum stated and simply walked out of my room without a word.

Why ? Just. Why ?

I rolled my eyes and let out a deep sigh. Louis, Julie and Jacob already knew about Ivy so, they probably wouldn't hang out with her.

I closed my textbook with a thud and stomped out of my room.

When I reached downstairs, I saw dad seated on the dining table wearing his working suit.

"Dad, why haven't you changed yet ?" I enquired.

"Oh, I just arrived home. Besides, I was starving," he replied with a small grin.

"Why were you late today ?" I sat down on the table and poured water in my glass. "I mean, you're not usually late, are you ?"

"It's just a bit of extra work. Deadline, if you say," he replied, helping himself with the kidney pie that mum had prepared.

"Okay !" I nodded and took some of the kidney pie too.

Mum emerged from the kitchen with a plate of steak. "They're making him work like a dog !" Mum complained while she served us the steak.

"It's okay, Angela !" Dad said, soothingly. "Mr Matthews mentioned that I might be promoted."

But,Mum reacted as if she hadn't heard a single thing dad had spoken.

"I told you not to mess with Daisy !" She looked right into dad. "Your brother could've given you a high post and we could've been rich. But, no ! I want to show my capability he says," Mum mostly spoke the last part to herself.

Dad just rolled his eyes and dug into the dinner.

÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×

I was in my bed ; struggling to sleep.

I recalled the day's activity.