Full Moon*

Eddie held the company phone to his ear, listening to the repetitive ring through to the other end as he untangled the cord that was moments from being twisted into a knot. "Enzo's. How can I help?"

Eddie's lips curled into a teasing smirk at the voice on the other end, a voice he had become well-acquainted with since he began calling this line. "Your customer service voice is getting a lot better, Tony," Eddie replied, his grin widening at the exasperated groan on the other side.

Tony's voice flooded with false venom as he bit back, "What do you want, Munson, I'm busy."

Eddie laughed as he shook his head, his hair bouncing in a fluffy mess he had simply run his fingers through this morning before getting out the door, rather than combing it out like a sensible person. "Calm your tits," he said. "Just wanna talk to Y/N real quick."

"She hasn't been in today."

Eddie slowed, mouth closing at the answer he'd received as he thought over it. That couldn't be right. "She hasn't?" he wondered, tilting his head to the side as he tapped his finger on the desk.

"Nope," Tony said with a heavy sigh. "It's actually super weird. She usually calls in or something when she's gonna be late or isn't going to show at all, but no. Radio silent."

"That's weird." It wasn't like you. When you were finally able to get a job at Enzo's, you were excited. You would never jeopardize your position there by refusing to call in. "She was fine this morning," he mumbled that part under his breath, brows knitted together as he thought. He'd seen you this morning before he left the trailer. You were curled up on the bed, still fast asleep when he kissed your head and left for work.

"Yeah, well, we haven't seen her." There was a moment of silence as Tony just shrugged, shifting the phone to his other ear as he proposed a suggestion, "But, hey, everything's weird on a full moon, right? I mean, a whole batch of sauce just disappeared today, and all the wines were rearranged. Couldn't find shit."

"Yeah..." Eddie wasn't really paying attention, his mind preoccupied with you and what could be going on to make you miss work.

Tony sensed this and just rolled his eyes, "I gotta go, dude. If you want something–"

"Nah, I'm good. Seeya," he said, hanging up the phone as he scratched the back of his neck. He let out a sigh as he ran a hand through his hair, a few tangles stopping his movement for him to work through them. He started walking away from the phone with the shake of his head before he remembered something Tony had said, stopping in his tracks with wide eyes.

Full moon.

Oh, shit. "Oh, shit."

~

Eddie rushed back home quicker than he'd ever done anything in his life. He had to leave a note behind with his boss to tell him that he had to leave for an emergency. Eddie fumbled with his keys as he neared the door to the trailer, nearly dropping them to his feet as he tried to capture the right one between his fingers. He ripped the door open as soon as it was unlocked, closing it behind him just as quickly.

Your scent wrapped around him in an instant, heavy and thick in its strength as he stepped into the enclosure of his home with you. Eddie made his way to your bedroom, guilt heavy in his heart as he got to the door, opening it slowly to see you.

It didn't look like you had moved since he left—you were still curled up in the bed—but there was a noticeable difference between then and now. You'd been nesting, laying in a pile of Eddie's clothes and blankets as you wrapped yourself in his scent. His dresser drawers were not in their places and the door to his tiny closet was wide open. He could hear the faint sounds of your whimpers and whined, your heavy breaths as you dug yourself deeper within the pile.