Show Me*

"Eddie!"

He walked toward the back of his home, down the narrow hallway where his bedroom lay at the end to the left. As he ran a hand through his unruly hair, he raised a brow and leaned in the door frame.

"What?" he wondered, peering over at you standing with your back to him. You'd just come in here to grab one of his jackets after remarking that you were cold, despite the fact that there were plenty of blankets in the living room.

He hadn't expected what came next.

You turned around, a large, amused grin on your face as you held a magazine by the very tip of the corner between your fingers and turned toward him. "Is this really the stuff you look at?" you asked as you let him get a good look.

Eddie's brown eyes went wide as saucers as he recognized his Playboy magazine, the object heavily abused as its crinkly pages, some crudely glued together, opened up to show the images inside.

He snatched the magazine from your hand with a ferocity that had you flinching, amused by the whole situation as his face turned a bright red.

"You horny bastard!" you exclaimed in a fit of laughter.

"Why do you even have this?" he asked, stuffing it in the first drawer he can get his hands on and shoving it closed. He let his head fall onto the wood with a hard thump, the embarrassment sinking into his shoulders. You'd only been dating a month and a half, and this was not what he was expecting to happen so soon.

You giggled a little bit, wiping at your eyes. "I swear I wasn't snooping," you said quickly. "I just picked up your jacket off the bed and this was under it."

He groaned. "Did you... did you look through it?"

It was your turn to get a little shy, still trying to maintain the humor so as not to embarrass him too much as you sat down at the edge of his bed. "I mean... I tried but it was a little hard to, seeing as the pages were a little...messy."

A loud groan left him then, and you laughed a little more sympathetically. You walked over to him, placing a hand on his shoulder to ease his nerves as you rested your head there. "Baby, it's okay. It's not embarrassing or anything. You don't have to be so shy."

"This is not how I expected today to go," he mumbled, accepting your olive branch with a timid arm around your waist to pull you in closer. He never lifted his head to let you see his face, but he did transfer himself from his drawer to you as he rested his forehead against your chest and let you hold him as he hid himself away. You chuckled lightly and rubbed his back.

After a long stretch of silence, you became timid as you spoke again. "I...I noticed some of the pages were...freshly crafted." For lack of a better word. He groaned again. You hid your face in his hair.

"I'm sorry you saw that. That's embarrassing," he said, his voice muffled by your chest.

You shook your head. "It's not embarrassing. It's not like it isn't normal. I mean..." you try to ignore the heat in your face as you continue, "it's not like I don't do it myself."

He lifted his head a little, and you turned your face away. His lips pulled in a tiny grin. "Say that again?"

You rolled your eyes. "Well, obviously, I don't jizz all over magazines so much that I can't even open them."

"Gross," he said firmly.

"You're gross. You're the one that did it."

"Ugh!"

He pulled away from you, and you felt cold, but you just laughed to yourself and circled back to his bed. He watched you fall to your knees and lift the covers to look underneath it. "Is the sock thing true?" you asked, searching for the socks in question.