Princess I

Hawkins' sun is hot today as you sit on the green grass beneath you, bending over one leg to stretch tired muscles. Each blade of grass that licks the bare skin of your thighs almost feels like a tiny needle pricking into your flesh, but you remain unfazed.

You're reaching your hands forwards on the grass, bending your body between your legs, when a body plops down next to you and wraps her slender arm over your shoulders, pulling you in roughly and closely.

"There goes your lover boy," she says, taunting you with an annoying smirk. You look up and immediately find a head of unruly curls bouncing in the sun as said 'lover boy' speaks animatedly with his friends.

"Stop it, Fiona," you scold, rolling your eyes. "He's not my lover boy. We're not even friends."

Fiona scoffs, shaking her head as she sneers apathetically. "I don't even know why you like him so much." She copies your position, legs spread out as she stretches along her left leg. "He's a freak."

"He is not a freak," you defend, sitting back up with crossed legs. "Just because he doesn't act like every other boring ass guy in this school does not mean he's a freak." You look down at your hands, twiddling your thumbs as you timidly shrug, "I like him. He's cool... He's different."

Chrissy's voice follows your own as she moves to sit a little closer, her kind smile set upon her lips. "I've talked to him a couple times," she supports. "He's really nice"

You beam. "See? Thank you, Chrissy."

Fiona rolls her eyes, another scoff pushing through her throat as she continues her stretch, eyes closed as she leans her side over her leg. "Whatever, girl." You sigh, shaking your head and turning your gaze back to the boy dressed in punk.

A whistle blows. You all look up at your coach adjusting her ball cap. "Alright, that's practice. Please work on those formations, please." The exasperation in her voice is feigned, the impact lessened by the little smile on her face.

You stand and move to grab your bag, along with all the other girls in short skirts of white, yellow, and green. You bend down and pick up your water bottle as Fiona and Chrissy take your sides to get to their one belongings.

A pair of brown eyes meet yours momentarily, looking away before you can even share a glimpse for a full second. Your heart flutters, and you hate how easy it is.

You nod definitely and take in a breath of courage as you decide, "I'm gonna go talk to him."

You receive two very different reactions. While one of them gives you a wide grin and a thumbs up, the other scowls and offers her disappointment and concern.

"Good luck!" Chrissy bids.

Fiona shakes her head. "Yeah, whatever."

It takes you a moment to move, but soon your feet are carrying you before you can back out. His slender form becomes bigger and bigger as you approach him, your stomach doing flips.

His friends see you over his shoulder as you get closer, smacking him and urging him to turn around at the sight of you.

He shifts on his feet, first glancing over his shoulder before turning quickly when he realises who you are. The look on his face isn't necessarily inviting. He looks wary, gripping his bag on his shoulder as he watches you.

You stand in front of him, keeping plenty of distance as you try not to stutter over your words. You offer him a smile, "Uh, hi."

Eddie Munson raises a brow, confused. "Hi?"

You shift on the balls of your feet, clasping your hands behind your back. "I'm Y/N."

He chuckles a little, glancing past you at the eyes glued to your back. "I know," he mumbles, his eyes finding you again. "Princess of Hawkins."