Episode 1 part 1

I'm a bridal shop in SanFransokyo a worker named Val is waiting on Lupe a customer In a bridal gown. Francesca, a Hispanic Jewish woman, enters the storeroom.

FRAN:(GASPS) "Is that Heather Lock or is that Penelope Kirschenbaum?"

(THEY LAUGH)

FRAN: (CONT.) "Look at you. A vision in white. Like a cloud."

VAL: "So how are the shoes?"

Lupe: "I don't know if I love 'em."

FRAN: "Honey, what's to love? Be glad they Even make a satin pump in a 10 ½."

Lupe: "Fran, do you think I'm doing the right thing?"

FRAN: "Are you kidding? A wedding is the Most magical day in a woman's life. You walk in here a lonely girl, you walk out into a lifetime of love."

VAL: (softly speaks TO FRAN) "What are you talking about? Fran, it's her first husband and the father of her unborn child."

FRAN: "Shut up. She's a customer in need of reassurance." (to Lupe) "Oh here I brought you some crackers for your morning sickness."

Lupe: "Oh mucho gracias Francesca, I have been feeling nauseous all day."

Val: "Lucky for you this little blessing popped up months after the proposal."

Lupe: "Hector and I have been stressed with the planning and from our relatives coming. Not our fault our usual stress-relieving activity backfired on us."

"Well from one mother to a new one, let me tell you if the doctor asks if you want the epidural say yes."

"What about natural birthing?"

"Nothing wrong with that, if it's safe and I highly recommend the Lamaze classes but seriously incorporate some epidural cause it hurts like a-"

"Ma how does this dress look?" asked a girl with brown hair.

"Oh hi sweetie, you look gorgeous, it'll go great with your new shoes!"

Val: "Oh Sofia is growing up so fast I remember when she was only this big,"

"Yeah I loved being a mother so much that I decided to have another,"

"Where is Manny?"

"Oh, he's sitting right... Manny! Get out of that Mannequin's skirt it's not even your color," Fran rushed picking up the wondering toddler in her arms.

"So you and Danny have been going well for a while. No series of on-again and off-again."

"Yeah, I think my not working here really helped with the last breakup."

"C'mon Fran maybe Danny is going to ask you something?"

"Like what? Is this the right amount?"

Lupe: "What we mean is when are you and Danny going to set a date already?"

FRAN: "Ah, you know me. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Besides our relationship has been rocky ever since I gave my 'hat' to Hernando."

"So what? you two were on a break and he lost his to who knows what way before you did."

"Yeah, I'd say your even."

"And he's been nice to the kids. right?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"He barely talks to them all he does when they're in the room is give them a nickel for ice cream."

Danny: "Hey Fran can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Sure what's up?"

"I'm sorry. I should've said this sooner. I wanted to do it someplace nice."