Epi: 1 Part 5

Bruno and Fran are pushed out of his room by the sand (Casita) causing the door to open and the two Adults are in the hallway unaware of the interrogation they just interrupted.

"Okay, now I'm pissed!" Fran shouts then helps Bruno up. "Seriously! What is up with your house?" She asked him but before he could answer he sees they were not alone.

"Oh hey everybody's up," Fran stated and sees her daughter and Alma looking at her. "You know I would love to stay and chat but we really should be going." she tries to usher Sofie to the nursery "So we'll-"

"Not so fast!" Alma stopped them and they hesitatanly turned to face her.

"When I first meet you I thought you were just some weird outsider too ignorant to hurt anyone, especially with the way you dress," She stated then point to the door. "However in just a few days you've disrupted my home, undermine my orders, and... and..." (flustered) "Why were you in his room, and why was he"(points to Bruno who looks away) "with you? Why did-" (she points to Sofía but Fran shields her from the matriarch's rant) "Who are you?! And why are you here?!"

"I... I..." Fran didn't know what to say or where to start for the first time in her life she was speechless.

"Mamá I-" Bruno tried to explain but was cut off.

"Sofia is Tío Bruno's daughter!" Dolores shouted, shaking from the tension. But she continued, "She's a Madrigal! She was born before Mirabel. Fran is our tía and she's also the person that Señora-I forget her name- said was coming!" the thirteen-year-old covered her ears and curled on the floor exhausted from keeping and blurting all the secrets out. "Bruno was also with her," she added then passed out. Felix and Pepa rush to check on her.

For a moment everyone was stunned. From Dolores speaking out and from what they heard about Bruno and Fran. Of course, Dolores had left out some details causing all kinds of scenarios to rush into the adult's curious minds. Then out of nowhere, a green tablet slid in front of Abuela who picked it up. The image showed a little girl holding a baby. Alma turned to Bruno. "Is this the vision you had... that night?" He knows what night she is referring to and when he sees the image he quickly noticed it was Sofie so without further delay he simply said, "Yes..."
Alma looked back at the image and Bruno then Sofia and Fran.

"I need to talk with you two alone," they were about to follow her when... (loud stomach grumble)

"Um, can we get a light nosh first since none of us has had breakfast?"

"Fine. You may get your children settled but I expect you two to grab something quick and meet me in the library," she left them alone.

"So, who's hungry?" Fran asked and everyone had their hands up.

After a few minutes of awkward silence. Fran got Manny settled in a high chair while he ate and Sofia was sitting between Mirabel and Camilo eating some bread. Fran noticed as the adults set up they were looking at her differently. She understands that they have questions but she doesn't know what to say she was flying blind here. "So we're just going to take these..." (grabbed a plate of arepas 🫓) "and head up to your mother hopefully we can get all this straightened out," Fran said with a smile though she couldn't hide how awkward she felt about everything.

As soon as they got farther from the table and on their way to Alma they started forming a plan.

"Your mother thinks the vision you had of my kids is the one..."
"Yup"
"Okay so maybe- oh I don't know! What's going to happen to them?"

"I don't know, I had that vision when I was ten I thought it was just one of my random visions."

They reached the door nervous about what was going to happen. Will Alma accept Sofia? Will Alma blame Sofie? All these questions are making them more nervous.