Costume party

A few days passed since the triplet's birthday and everyone in the Encanto was on board with celebrating Halloween with a party. Fran suggested they could hand out baked treats, or candies she gave to families that wanted to be involved. Some liked it others not so much but allowed their kids to join the festivities, but everyone in town was on board for incorporating some new día de los Muertos activities while at the same time preparing for the day of the dead.

At home, Fran spent her free time watching Halloween specials with the family none too scary of course, maybe a couple of PG-13 films for the older ones. But when the kids went to bed the grown-ups watched the really scary stuff like Hush! Hush! Sweet Charlette.

At school Sofia and Mirabel are looking for the others who said to meet them in this hallway, "Isa? Camilo? Luisa? Dolores?"

"Hmm? Where is everyone?" Mirabel wondered.

A door opens and they hear someone call out. "Sofia!" they shiver and notice, "Luisa! What's going on in here?"

"We're setting up for the Hallows Eve costume ball," Luisa tells them, as all the
students and teachers set up the ballroom. There's Halloween decor and Día de los Muertos decor all around.

Isa is creating flowers in black, red, orange, purple, indigo, and white. Luisa is handling the heavy stuff which is not much and with adult supervision. While Camilo and Dolores are setting up the buffet tables.

The band plays eerie music, "Wow! Here, let me help," Sofia offers. "Me too!" added Mirabel.

Luisa gives Mirabel the empty cauldron, and Sofia the pumpkin, which proved to be a bit heavy for the seven-year-old.

"Oops!" said Luisa.

"I got it," Sofia says getting a better grip on the gourd.

"It's going to be so much fun," said Luisa. "We all get to dress up."

"And there's a costume contest," announced Isabel.

"Oh, those are always fun!" exclaims Sofia. "My mom told me the categories for the contest are scariest, cutest, best made, most DIY, most historic, best costume collaboration, and most creative."

"Oh! Do you know what you're going to be?" asked Mirabel.

"I'm going to be a fairy queen," said Hilde one of Isa's classmates.

"I'm going to be a leopard."

"I'm going as Athena, goddess of wisdom and battle," said Luisa.

"I'm going to be Abuela," sighed Isabel. "As agreed upon to have this party."

"Is it really that bad?"

"No and I'm fine to do it if it lets us have this party," Isa says, "But I was hoping to have a little creative control on my costume."

Señora Flora: "Good morning, children!

Señora Fauna: "Oh! Everything looks wonderfully spooky! Oh ho! This year's ball is going to be just, oh, Splendiferous! And to make it even more exciting, we're making a small change to the costume contest."

"You'll all have to make the costumes yourselves! Doesn't that sound fun?"

"Um, do you mean that our parents will have to make the costumes themselves?" asked a student.

"No, dear. You are going to sew, stitch, and craft your costume," Señora Flora corrected.

"Now participation is optional, but since some of you are not old enough. You can use a pre-made outfit and ask your parents, the local tailor, or Señor Agustin to show you how to do it. If not, there are plenty of options and how-to's that Señora Francesca will demonstrate to everyone later."