Sofía the Madrigal

Currently, everyone in La Casa Madrigal is in town performing their duties. Fran is out to start incorporating her pitch to the town council while also helping the Madrigals, minus Alma, with their chores. The Madrigal children are in school except for Sofia, and Manny they are being watched by Sofia's long-lost father Bruno, and Casita.

After everything that occurred yesterday things in the Madrigal house have changed. Sofia is glad she has finally met & found her father though he's a lot different from her imagination. During the time she's had to get to know him she finds him to be nice, humble, and weird just like her mother always said he would be.

And while Sofia has enjoyed the time she spends with him she wishes her newly discovered cousins could have joined them as well but they have school during the day and chores after. Plus Alma insisted that everyone wait till she talked to the council before allowing Sofia and Bruno to go out together.

The new Madrigal granddaughter sighs, "Is something wrong Sofía?" Bruno asked his daughter, as he cradles the baby, Manual.

"It's nothing I just wish I could go out into town with the others and go to school," she said. "Wow! I never thought I'd said those words."

*giggles* "Neither can I... Ah, Sofía I know you're still confused about everything that has occurred since your door appeared."

"Mine and cousin Mirabel's door," she corrected.

Bruno: smiles, "Yes, you and Mirabel's door. I-I wish I had all the answers but this situation is new for everyone and we need to take it one day at a time, hopefully."

"I understand papa, but why was Doña Alma so stiff when she found out I was a Madrigal, or when I offered Mirabel to be my roommate?" she asked the fortune teller.

"Uh, the second part of your question is a bit complicated to explain..."

"Okay then what about Alma's reaction to me?" Sofia asked again, "Your sisters and their families were emotional at the news and welcomed me with open arms. So, why did it take her so long to say any words to me?"

Bruno contemplated his daughter's inquiry, unsure what to say to her without painting his mother as a cold witch while being honest. He is still nervous around his mother, and for good reason. In his time in the walls he has caught glimpses of how she handled everyone in the family, some moments would make him flashback to his lectures from Alma while growing up.

"Papa Bruno?" Sofía says, waving her hand in his face.

"Oh, sorry. I was processing..." rubs his face, (sighs) "Sofía my mother can be difficult to understand... and I didn't leave home on the best of terms..."

"Is it leaving home if you were living in the walls of that home?

"Leaving. Hiding. Either way, I was gone... for a whole year."

"Now you're back and married to my mother! Which is what you said to Grandma Alma... and that you were living with us? Hmmm?" She smiles while squinting her eyes in thought at her pensive father.

"...Yeah,"(Clears throat) "Lying is always wrong instead we're acting as a married couple to the family so Mama can get to know you better and won't have a..."

"Cow?"

"Meltdown." He mutters to himself, "How did that animal expression form?" he asked but then shook his head to focus. "Anyway, my mother is traditional when it comes to family so this is easier until we can come up with a plan."

"Geez! From what I've seen and heard she's stricter than Nana Connie!" Sofia sighs.

"That's your grandmother on your mother's side correct?"