Chapter 3

At the Xiao-Long Rose Branwen household

It's been a week since Y/n, Cinder, Emerald, Mercury and Neo were adopted by Taiyang and Summer. At first it was challenging because of the treatment they had at the orphanage. Which has been now shutdown thanks to a bandit tribe that raided the place mostly for it's food and the leader of the bandits "accidentally" left a ton of evidence of Lady Kite's unlawful dealings.

Let's just the leader sent a text to Taiyang saying "I did it cause it felt right. Not for the 5 kids, ok." Which made the man smile.

Also said man was now putting together a bunk-bed for one of his kids as the other ones.

One for Ruby and Yang, completed.
One for Emerald and Mercury, completed.

And the one that he's almost finished with is for Cinder and Neo.

Y/n had his own bed.

Taiyang: Annnnnnnd done!*gets up* Looks like The Fixer has done it again!

Ruby, Yang, Cinder, Emerald, Mercury and Neo's bunk-beds:

Y/n's bed:

Taiyang:*calling out* Hey guys! Bed's all built!

Summer, Cinder, Y/n, Neo and Ruby came to see the bed Taiyang finished. Neo and Ruby were holding Summer's hands.

Taiyang: So? What you think?

Summer:*smiling* It looks great.

Taiyang: YES!! Four in a row and none of them broke or fell apart!! I guess a job complete lemonade is in order.

Summer:*smiling* There's a glass of lemonade on the table in the kitchen.

Taiyang: Awesome! Thanks guys!

As soon as he left, Cinder and Y/n mostly Y/n caught the nearly falling apart bunk-bed.

Summer:*loses her smile and sighs* Why must he be The Fixer when it comes to DIY stuff.

Y/n: Should I fix it again?

Summer: As much as I want to no. Please do fix it. I don't want your siblings hurt over a bed that's missing a few pieces.