Things always seem too easy

Bea wished any other pirate had stolen that mortar, but no, it had to be Barnacle. "Well, at least you're not being eaten," Hook said, trying to lighten the mood. "Yeah, just a trip to one of the people who hate me the most," Bea said. "If Barnacle tries to harm a hair on you I swear I'll kill him,"  Hook promised. Bea nodded. 

They had made it to the Eastern part of Camelot where the docks were. "Father, I've been thinking," Bea said. "What?" Hook asked. "Baba Yaga said that her mortar was stolen a year ago. What if Barnacle's already left Camelot?" "Oh, he hasn't," Bea cringed. She knew that voice. She turned around and saw Barnacle, sword drawn. "Hello, princess," Barnacle said. "Hello, Barnacle," Bea said. Hook stood in front of Bea, protectively. "You two have a death wish coming here," Barnacle said. "We're here for something you stole a while back," Hook said. "Baba Yaga's mortar," Barnacle laughed. "That's my treasure now. And soon, your daughter's head will be part of my treasure too," "I dare you to try and touch her," Hook said.  Bea drew her sword. Barnacle laughed. "I'll kill him first, and then I'll kill you," Barnacle said to Bea, Bea inhaled sharply. "Bea, stand back," Hook said, "But-" "Stay. Back," Bea took a step backward. Barnacle swung his sword at Hook. Hook blocked it. Bea couldn't take her eyes off them. Bea turned her head quickly. She saw the mortar. Bea smiled. She broke into a run. "Stop her!" Bea heard Barnacle yell. Bea ran faster. She jumped into the mortar. "How do you fly this?" Bea said to herself. As if on command, the mortar started flying. "Bea! Go!" Hook cried. "I'll be back soon!" Bea cried. "Um, mortar, go to Baba Yaga's hut,"  The mortar zoomed off. Bea caught a glimpse of the battle. Thank god, her father was winning. Even with one hand too. The mortar landed at the chicken-legged hut. Bea knocked on the door. Baba Yaga answered. "Oh, you got it," Baba Yaga said, sounding disappointed. "Yeah. So, my father's debt is paid off?" Bea asked. Baba Yaga nodded, glumly. Obviously, she was hoping they would fail. "Goodbye," Baba Yaga said, slamming the door. That seemed too easy...Bea thought. Oh crap! Father! Bea broke into a run. 

Bea arrived at the docks. Barnacle's head body was laying at Hook's feet. Bea stood there in shock. "Anyone else wants a go?" Hook yelled at the other pirates watching. The others ran off. "Father," Bea said. Hook looked at Bea. "I'm sorry you have to see this," Hook said. Bea thought of Iris. "I've seen much, much worse," Bea said. "Come on," Hook said. "Let's go back," 

Hook and Bea had been walking for days. Bea had stopped counting. "Let's get some rest," Hook said. "Alright," Bea said. "We'll be back at the palace tomorrow," Hook said. Iris. Bea thought. She smiled. "Great,"  Bea let sleep take her. 

Bea opened her eyes. It seemed like she was in dreamy land or something. Bea squinted her eyes. She groaned. "Not Neverland," she said. "Bea!" she heard someone call. Bea's eyes widened. That couldn't be right. "Bea!" she heard again. Bea followed the voice and her jaw dropped. 

"Peter?"