Number 8

Tiara 

Ryle was on his phone texting silently, it was about noon and I was getting bored. Mateo had texted me and said he'd be back shortly. He also said he sister would be there soon. I was excited to see her so I cleaned myself up a bit. I didn't really have much to work with, I wanted her to like me.  Also I didn't want her to think I was just another hoe his brother was fucking. Even though its true except I'm not a hoe. In her mind I might be, I have just been sitting at the island on my phone nervously waiting. 

A soft knock on the door and I jump out of my seat, Ryle looks back at me with the sam annoyed look. I was starting too think he liked me, he got up and walked to the door. He typed in a passcode and opened it. He then rolled his eyes before stepping back and letting her in. 

She was a very petite yet curvy woman, she was obviously beautiful. She has big curly hair and her skin was as dark as mine. It confused me, she looked black. How can she be his sister, please don't tell me these are one of those instances. I tried to hide my facial expressions, she looked a bit like Mateo but she was dark-skinned with very curly hair. She had a huge black suitcase in her hand and was staring directly at Ryle. She was wearing black biker shorts and a cropped hoodie and both the sides of her nose are pierced.

"Mi hermano te tiene de canguro." She says to Ryle and his annoyed face turns to anger. 

"Chupame la pollo." He says angrily whilst walking back to the coach to sit down. She turns to me and I smile at her. 

"Don't mind him, he's always grumpy." She says.

"It's okay, I admire it." I say.

"You don't speak Spanish?" She asks curiously, she seemed very different from her brother. She was like a breath of fresh air. "No, I don't. My names Tiara George." She smiles and looks at me up and down. 

"I'm Nyla Vasquez and I haven't heard nothing about you." I didn't expect her to, Mateo and I haven't known each other for very long. I must just be another girl her brother has relations with, I hope I don't like her so I don't get attached.

***

I have tried on about 3 dresses, I didn't like any of them. Nyla was about to hand me another, "Mateo didn't seem like the type to have siblings." I say while looking in the mirror. 

"Well I hope others think the same about me." She says and it makes me think, do they not get along? She seemed like an overly positive person with her smiling. It made me feel safe, however I can tell she's got some fire to her. 

"I'm joking, it's all anyone knows about me." She says and I smile at her. I take the dress out of her hand and put it on, she zips up the back and I decide this is the dress. Its a long black body con dress. It almost touches the floor and it sparkles, its very low cut leaving some cleavage. 

"Yeah, you're wearing this one." She says and I laugh at her. She hands me a masquerade mask and it has beautiful fathers on the side. I put it on and I don't look like me. This is good, I might be on the Don's arm but I surely don't wan to be seen. I have already gotten myself in some deep shit. I didn't want to do more damage by just exposing my face to every person at this ball.

I take off the dress and the mask, it was a hassle but Nyla helped me. "How often does your brother sleep with women?" I ask her curiously hoping the answer wouldn't sting a little. 

"Quite often." She mumbles while folding the rest of the dress. I take this time to put back on the jogger pants and big shirt. I wasn't nervous to undress in front of her, she just felt like anveyr safe and comfortable She takes out theree pairs of heels and a box of jewelry. Then she sets out some hair products and make up. 

"How about we get ready together for the ball?" I say and she looks up and smile at me.

"I'd like that." She says and I help her set everything up for us in this spare room that I woke up in. 

"Has he ever had a girlfriend?" I ask her while siting some makeup on the ground in front of the mirror. 

She snickers at this and my question, I stand up and she faces me. "He has mommy issues so no he's never had a girlfriend." Great him and I were more alike than I thought. 

"Do you have mommy issues as well?" I ask her curiously. 

"Yes, my mom was truly horrible." She says with the biggest smile, I don't think it was sarcasm though. 

"I'm sorry about you guys Mom." I say because I can relate.

"Mateo and I don't share the same Mom, we have the same Dad. We grew up together in the same household." I nod my head, it must why she seems a little different. I mean she looked like him but something about her was a little different. He hair was more curly and more defined. She had a bigger nose but she still spoke Spanish and had fuller eye brows. 

"I like you." She says and I smile at her.

"I like you too." Her phone pinged as soon as I finished my sentence. 

"Mateo's back." She says and turns to make her way to the door of the room. I feel my heart jump and I wish it didn't. I didn't want it to do that, from now on I'll stop asking questions. Knowing these facts about Mateo only makes me want more, I want him sexually. I am not supposed to want him emotionally. 

She and I walk down the stairs, I see him dressed casually again. This time in a grey hoodie and jogger set. He looked handsome as always, my eye caught the diamond watch he was wearing. I looked at him and he looked at me, I wish he would stare at me like that. It made me want to kiss him but I didn't want that in front of Nyla and Ryle. She walks up to him and hugs him, he looks different. He hugs her back, he seems like an older brother. 

They speak Spanish for a little while and feel awkward standing here again. For one I looked bummy and for two I didn't understand a thing that was being said. So therefore I looked like a confused bum. It was about 4 in the afternoon and I had made some sandwiches for Ryle and I earlier. I wasn't really working with much, there was barely anything in the fridge. 

After they finish talking Nyla goes to lounge on the couch with Ryle, "¿Puedes hacerme un tatuaje rápido?" she asks him and he replies yes. 

"Tiara, come with me." Mateo walks towards me and grabs my hand. We walk down a back hallway and it leads to a door that again needs to be opened with his fingerprint. 

"So much security." I mumble and he opens the door, its a surprisingly big room. It held a lot of paintings, ones which consisted of so much violence. There was a lot of blood in the pairings it was very dark. Most of them were hung up how ever there were easels upon easeles of unfinished ones. Theres one big window and some comfy chairs spread around the room.

He lets go of my hand and I move around to look up close. I hear some rustling from afar but don't pay it any mind. "I finished one of my best pieces." 

I turn around to look at him, he hung the painting of me. I saw his signature at the bottom of it. I never really looked in detail of my body but everything was heiglighted. 

I walked closer to get a better look at it, I could feel the tension between him and I. Which is why I refuse to look at him, I don't understand him. I wish I could but it was really hard to read him, but he could read me.

He walks to me and I turn to face him, I don't know what has come over me. I been down and get on my knees, it was bound to happen.

_______________________________________________________

Enjoy, comment and vote