Number 9

Tiara

It was now 8 pm, I had showered with Mateo and I am still stuck in his room. I was laying in his bed wrapped in the covers naked. He's laying right beside me with no shirt staring ahead, I wish I could know what he was thinking. I feel embarrassed knowing that his sister and Ryle were here. I hope we weren't loud, "What was your Mom like?" I ask him hoping I get a good reaction.

He turns his head to me, "You ask a lot of questions Tiara. Why is that?"

"I just want to know more, all I know is your name and that you have a sister. Oh also that you're a Don. I would find peace if I knew more about the man I'm sleeping with." He rolls his eyes seemingly annoyed.

"Fine, but no more questions for the rest of the day." I nod my head in response and he stares ahead blankly. I sit up and watch him intently, his eye brows are curled in thought. "She was beautiful and cunning. She would have men flocking at her feet every hour of the day, and she would give them her time. But when it came to me there was never a minute in her clock. Eventually she married and moved off with some man in Mexico." He finished. 

Now I know why he doesn't date women. The mood had changed from sexy to sad, and I am to blame. At least we have something in common, mommy issues. 

What person doesn't have mommy issues, it's so common. The wrong people have kids, so now we have a bunch of damaged people walking around. I didn't think I had the right words to respond to him, I wanted to show my empathy. However I didn't think he was much of an emotional man. I haven't seen much except for annoyance. I pull myself closer and put my hand on the side of his faith, his skin feels so smooth against my fingertips. I could touch his face all day, that would be weird.

I move his face so that he's forced to look at me in they eyes. For the very first time I decided to let myself get lost in those dark eyes. He looks ar me remaining unchanged as always, never letting me see what's behind them. I am okay with that for now, maybe shouldn't expect more. I draw my face closer to his and kiss his lips softly, he returns the affection and  kisses me back softly. I pull back and stare into his eyes again. 

A knock at the door pulls us out of this state. "It's getting late. " I recognize the voice of his sister, Mateo curses under his breath and roll his eyes. "Tiara grab a towel and leave with my sister to get dressed for the ball." I smile, I need to learn Spanish. It only makes sense, I just swore omertà. 

***

It took about an hour for me to get ready. Nyla and I didn't speak much, she was finding it hard to act normal around me. She had a lot of hair products, I was able to sleek my hair into a low ponytail with some dramatic edged. I went with light on my makeup, then put on the dress. Currently looking at myself in the miror deciding which shoes I should go with. Nyla comes up to me with a black spray can. She sprays my exposed skin and a shimmer reflects from my skin. 

"My brother will be happy." She says and smiles at me michesviously, she begins laughing. She's wearing one of the dresses I didn't choose. I have never been one to doubt my appearance, I am pretty confident in that area. However, she is just absolutely gorgeous. The way her long curls drop down all the way to her lower back, her perfect skin shines no matter the lighting. 

Finally after pondering I just pick some grey stiletto heels, after struggling putting them on I get one final look at myself. The dress was perfect on me and my skin was glistening, Nyla comes from behind me and slips on a detailed masquerade mask.

It had a long black feather on the side and it fit my head perfectly. I have never worn something like this or been to a ball like this. I looked mysterious and it makes me happy. Although I just swore my life to this Don I would have some protection. Considering I'll be on thew arm of the boss I would still get some attention regardless. 

"Okay, vamos baby." Nyla says and I smile at her, she was really good at this. We exit the room and walk down the stairs. I see Mateo and his face remains unchanged in that handsome mysterious way. He's wearing a dark tux and I feel like I'm going to jump him. Never ever been this addicted to sex, but he just make me feel like my body has been dead before he touched me.

***

This ball was boring, Mateo have been talking to random scary men all night. I have been sitting a table with Nyla and Ryle. Ryle hasn't left my side, I'm guessing he's warming up to me. The mask is doing justice, I seem to get eyes every the moment I walked in with Mateo.

He was chatting with men but this very sexy woman with long hair and beautiful curves gained his attention. Their was confidence radiating off of her, she seemed expensive. Her features were absolute perfection, the dress she was wearing was not doubt better than mine. Showing cleavage gave more mystery than slutty and she knew it. 

She swiftly slid into conversation with Mateo, he looked at her with the same eyes. I could feel the jealousy radiating off of my skin. He is not mine and I am supposed to keep it this way. Mateo is not mine and I have to accept that, I pull my eyes aways from them to watch the live band. There was a woman singing her heart out and people dancing every second, it seemed more normal than anything, There is no drugs for guns on tables, maybe I have unrealistic expectations.

 I am on my second cocktail, its needed for this boring night. I decided I needed some pictures so I leaned over to Ryle. "Can you take me to a quieter place and take my pictures?" 

He glared at me like I've never seen someone do before. "Please, I will pay you." He scoffed with a hint of humor. "Fine, let's go." We stand up and he leads the way, we walk past the open bar into a perfectly lit hallways. It was too rich for me to walk through, carefully decorated with gold it had beautiful paintings everywhere. I found a perfect place to take my pictures and handed Ryle my phone. 

"Now, no matter what I do don't stop taking photos. Even if I am talking, keep pressing the button." I say and he grunts in response.

I go to my area and begin posing, this goes on for about 10 minutes before I am satisfied. He keeps muttering curse words, I snatch my phone from him and we turn to walk back to our table. Mateo glares at me as I sit down but goes back to his conversation, a waiter walks by with another cocktail and I excitedly grab it. I have a high alcohol tolerance, it'll take a little more to get me loose. 

Looking at the pictures and Ryle deserves his props, maybe if he didn't spend time playing with guns he'd be my photographer. 

Mateo comes to sit in his seat beside me, I straighten myself and keep drinking my cocktail. He hasn't said a word all night and I am happy. I just want to go home, it's been a little while since I aid in my bed. 

He lounges with in his seat with his leg spread open, he has on a few rings. I wish I had more decorum but his hands are attractive. I look through the pictures deciding which ones to keep, they all seem so perfect. I turn to Mateo, "I'm ready to go home."

"Ryle, take her home." I smile at Ryle and he groans making Nyla giggle. She was a little drunk, I had encouraged her to drink but I didn't know she was such a light weight. I didn't want to use all my attention on Mateo, he had been talking all night. I down the rest of my cocktail and stand up, grabbing my bag and phone. 

"Tiara, call me before you go to sleep." Mateo says and I don't look back at him, this must've angered him but I don't care. I feel Ryle beside me grab my arm, "You call him, don't anger him tonight. He has a very important  business deal." I nod my head. 

Yeah Yeah, bullshit. 

__________________________________________________