Number 12

Tiara 

Three weeks later ...

It's been three weeks since my first date with Andrew, we had a couple little dates since then. We got coffee, went out to a club together, went to a movie. It's been nice, not a word from Mateo or Ryle. Maybe they were serious about the one job a month thing, hope he's living it up fucking Ximena. Not that I care, or think about him too much. My Spanish lessons have been going great, I put flashcards all around my apartment. Kate came over because she was freaking out, she hadn't got her period and I was freaking out too. 

"Just calm down, I have all of our reinforcements." I say and she flops on my bed. 

I reached in the little bucket under my dressers. It had everything I needed like Plan b's, Pregnancy tests, and Condoms. I buy in bunches so I don't have worry about running to the store. I have two different types of pregnancy tests clear blue and first response, I drop them on the bed next to her foot. 

Walking out my room fridge to her her a water, I come back and she's up looking at the directions. "Here, drink some of this and go take both of these." She wines and gets up grabbing the things I gathered for her.  

After 3 minutes or so she comes back with the tests covered in the wrapping, I grab a paper towel and grab them. She looks very stressed, she wearing gray jogger pants and a oversized shirt. She came over straight from work. She lays back down, "You have to look for me." I feel my heart beating and wait patiently, her phone goes off with a timer and she sits back up teary eyed.

I slowly uncover the Clear blue test and she cuddles close to me with her head stuffed in my shoulder. The perfect words written write on the scree, it read "Pregnant." My heart broke but I could feel the excitement rush through my veins, I wanted to make sure before I told Kate.

I picked up the first response test and the two lines were so bold there's no way she'd be able to deny it. "Kate you're pregnant." Her head jumps up and she grabs the test out my hand.

She looks at it up and down and starts crying, I dont know what to do. She's never cried liked this before, she was just sobbing. 

I go to hug her and I take my hand to wipe off her tears, "Whatever you decide I'm here for you Kate. But I know you would be one hell of a Mom." She laughs and we break apart.

"I guess I'm going to be a Mom." She smiles.

***

Kate went home, she wanted to lay in her bed and call her Mom, I had made plans to go out with Andrew. He should be here any minute now, I'm excited. He also hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend, but I don't want to answer. Stuff between Mateo and I need to be done before I become Andrew's girlfriend. I don't think either of us are ready for that yet anyway. I am wearing a white crop top  with a skirt, some pretty nude heels, and my bag. 

I hear a knock and open the door, "You're perfectly on time." He smiles at me and grab my hand.

I close the door behind me and we walk down the hall with my heels clicking each step. Andrew rushes me as we make it out of the building, I let go of his hand. Before he could let me go he pulls me back. His hands reaching down me and he looks me in his eyes, "Tiara, Can I kiss you?" he asks. I nod my head yes and he brings himself closer to kiss my lips. It feels different from Mateo, it feels soft and gentile. He's careful with me as I look my arms around his neck, this is our first kiss and it's good.

Mateo demands and takes, it the feeling of danger mixed with it that pulls me in. With Andrew it's like a fairy tale, and I feel ashamed to say I love the danger. I pull aways and he smiles at me, "Your lips are perfect." I roll my eyes and push him.

He opens the passenger do to his car for me and I get in, a good day and hopefully a great night.

***

"Spend the day with me tomorrow, I want to sweep you off your feet." He says as I lean to against my apartment door. "You're so old fashioned but I'm really busy with work so I can't." I roll my eyes and push him again. He grabs my hand and brings it to his mouth to kiss gently, my face is tired of constantly smiling. 

"Well just text me." He says and comes closer I nod my head, he comes in and kiss me gently. 

I push him back and he walks away, I turn around and unlock my door. I open the door feeling relived to be home.  Closing and locking the door behind me I kick off the uncomfortable heels making my way to the kitchen and sitting my bag on the kitchen counter. 

"He follows you like a puppy, no?" I feel my heart drop and I quickly turn on the lights, there he is. Sitting casually on my sofa with a gun sitting on my coffee table, his hair has grown slightly. He's wearing a white buttoned shirt that's just casually unbuttoned at the top and black dress pants. He looks stressed but won't fully show it to me, he looks sexier than I remember. 

I feel annoyance coursing through my veins, who the hell do he thinks he is. Leaving for a month and then showing up without any notice. I cross my arms, "Why are you here?" 

"Andrew Lewis, attorney at Michaels Associates. He grew up in Manhattan, only child. His mother name is Sonia and Father name is Levi. He has a a squeeky clean record, was top at his law school. Doesn't really date women because he had a bad break up with his fiancé 4 years ago. Until he met Tiara George and have been dating her for a month." He says waving me off.

"Why do you know all this information?" I ask him seemingly angry.

"It's the perfect beginning of a love story, Tiara is still tempted by the devil." I hated how he was speaking in the third person. The way he pretends he didn't skip town for a month to fuck his ongoing fling. That's just what I am, another one of his flings. Why should I expect anything different, he's come back to have a different taste. I hate how my body feels excited for him, that crazy look in his eyes attracts me even more. 

"You're crazy." I scoff and he chuckles.

"You finally get it." I hum in response and I just stand staring at him. 

"Come here." I want to move so badly but my mind is telling me to kick him out. "Tiara, don't make me say it again." he says and I finally move making my way around the coffee table, I try to sit down next to him. He moves me to sit on his lap with my legs draped across him, "Tiara, stop toying with me." 

He's the one toying with me.

_______________________________________