Number 16

Tiara 

It had been a while since we both last spoke a word. The silence on my part was killing me, my hand squeezed around a full shot glass. I was too tense and shocked to speak, I turned forward to break away from this gaze. I pulled up the glass to my lips and felt the sting all the way down my throat. Feeling a ounce of courage,  I turned back to him, "Andrew asked me to be his girlfriend too, I need a moment to decide." Which was a lie but his face remained the same and I shouldn't expect anything different. 

"You never wanted him Tiara. you're mine now and there's no turning back, vamos." He says and he takes my hand and his feels cold and rough. I could feel callouses and his chunky ring and I feel like I could let myself react to his statement. I grab my little bag and he pulls me down from the stool, that's when I noticed the silence and stillness of the bar. Wherever he went, he evoked fear. People feared for their lives and I feared for my heart. Now how was I going to tell Kate that I have a dangerous boyfriend and that she shoals stay away from me. 

I went from Model to girlfriend of a Mafia Leader any sane person would think this is wrong. That I sleep with a man who breaks the law and care more if he likes my lashes than him killing. 

We reach the cool breeze and finally I can breath, he opens the door to one of the Black SUV's and lets go of my hand. I get into the car and he follows a suit, then I notice Ryle in the front seat. He was in the drivers seat while a white man in a grey suit sits in the passenger seat clearly startled. However, this man looked familiar live I've seen him before. 

"Am I going home?" I slightly whisper to Mateo and he closes the door. He ignores me and Ryle and him begin speaking in Spanish. I don't even attempt because I know I can't keep up but hopefully this will help me. Ryle starts the car and begin driving and I pull out my phone just scrolling through social media. 

________________________________________________

 I had fell asleep it seemed as if we were driving for way too long and I just leaned on Mateo, I could feel him talking and it was soothing. I felt my phone ring and I know there's no one else who could be calling me now than my Mother. Living across the country only makes her more eager to call me. I grabbed my phone and pulled myself away from him, "Hey Mom." I say looking out the window. 

"Tiara, when are you coming to visit. I need you home for a special dinner that I'm throwing for your brother." She says over the line with that sweet southern accent that never went away. 

"I have been a little busy with work Mom and Kate is pregnant so I've been a little busy with that." 

"What? Are you serious? Her mother must be so worried she's pregnant and living across the country. You both should come home and I'll make a nice dinner. Does she know the father?" 

"Yeah Mom, it's Eric's." I say and sigh because she's so nosey. She lives on the west coast now but you can't take the south out of her.

"I always thought Eric had a thing for you. I was praying you'd two get married and have kids." 

"No he doesn't and we won't be getting married anytime soon." I say and that when I hear Mateo shuffle to move me back closer to him, his hands now looped around my waist. "You know Mom, I'm kind of busy now but I will tell you when I'm free and book my flight as soon as I can."

"Tiara  dont try to rush me off this phone girl, I gave birth to you." She says angrily. 

"I'm not, I'll speak to you soon Mom. Bye, Love you and tell Dad I love him." 

"I love you too, call me back when you're free."  Then I hear the line click and I sigh. 

I put my phone up in my purse that's when he handed me a lit  blunt, I did like smoking weed. It made me so calm and so high. I smoked a lot freshman year of college but stopped. The way Mateo looked at me confirmed I wouldn't be getting a full nights rest.  Ryle had stopped at the mansion where Mateo lived and I just couldn't wait to lay down. Another bodyguard  opens the door for Mateo and he steps out grabbing my hand to assist me out of the vehicle. That's when I get a real good look on the whole house. I had never seen a such a beautiful house before, it was black and there were neighbors but the other big ass house were so far from each other they really couldn't be considered neighbors. Rich people love to exclude themselves from normal people. 

I knew Mateo had multiple cars with how big the car garage looked, which was only just a few feet away from us. He pulls me toward the beautiful front door to grab back my attention. Thats when I noticed Ryle and the other bodyguards were getting back into the vehicles, I would be alone alone with Mateo in his home. I was nervous because I knew this man wanted me in every way possible. He had made himself a boyfriend and I don't think he knew exactly what came with that.  I don't think one can be ready to be the girlfriend of one of the most dangerous men in New York. I am not afraid of him, I crave him. 

This won't end well for me, I know but I don't care. All I want right now is him, and how he makes me feel. I never wanted the vanilla relationship. One where you know what to expect at all times and everything is such a routine. I wanted danger, passion, unexpectedness, and I wanted to feel it all. 

He opens the door and let me walk in first. He walks in behind me and I just take in how beautiful this home really is. He closes and locks the door behind him and that's when I hear an alarm. "You have so much security, how can you enjoy yourself with the constant need to look over your shoulder?" I ask him as I go to look at a painting of a naked woman, she appeared to be sad. I hear his footsteps get closer to me, thats when I feel him behind me. 

"I don't look over my shoulder, I have people to do that for me. Have I answered enough of your questions yet?" He says and I roll my eyes.

"No, I have so much more to ask." I say.

__________________________________

Hello, I am trying to be more frequent with my writing. I have been so interested in writing poems lately so that's where my attention was. I will be updating more frequently, thank you for reading. 

-your author