Jamie

Jack hadn't meant to stick around Jamie's house, but the kid gave him a severe feeling of deja vu. Like he was missing something that was once again just out of reach.

He was starting to get really tired of that feeling.

But for Jamie? To hear his laugh? To listen to the amazement in his voice whenever he saw Jack's frost dance along the grass or the windows of his room? It was kinda worth it, to the point Jack would linger in burgess well into the warmer months until instincts forced him to leave for colder climates. whether those instincts came from being a winter sprite or what he actually was, Jack wasn't sure.

He knew it probably wasn't the healthiest thing to care so much for someone who didn't even know he existed, but Jack had no one else. The Man on the Moon had yet to speak to him following his "explanation" of how to shift forms and he gets so very lonely.

So he stays and watches, giving Jamie entertainment however he can and enjoying the kid's constant stream of chatter.

He kind of wishes it would stay winter forever in burgess, he hates leaving Jamie.

So he was supervising a hang-out with Jamie and a few of his friends, of course, they didn't know he was there but he was a supervisor nonetheless, hood down and enjoying the air flowing through his hair as he rests on Jamie's fence. He's not really focusing on the conversation the kids have about Bigfoot, Jamie once again chatting away about how close the most recent sighting of him was to burgess, "it says that they found Big Foot hair samples and DNA in Michigan. That's like, super close!" he babbles and his friends groan.

"Here we go again-"

"Come on Claude you saw the video too! He's out there!" Jamie states excitedly, placing his sled down as he turns on his friends.

"That's also what you said about aliens." Caleb states with a raised brow, "and the Easter Bunny" Claude adds, nudging his twin.

"Wow," Jamie scoffs, "the Easter Bunny is real!"

"Oh yeah, he's real alright. real grumpy, really mean, and really full of himself." jack grumbles, ignoring the tiny tingle of fear at the thought of bunny. He shakes his head and focuses in on the kids as they continue to banter.

"You two will believe in anything." Claude laughs, watching as Sophie smiles at her brother.

"Easter Bunny! hop, hop- ow" Sophie cries, having jumped and slid on some ice.

"Mom! Sophie hurt herself!" Jamie calls, helping his sister to her feet and off the ice.

The scene makes jack pause, staring at the two as they go up a few steps to the porch.

"Aw Soph, did you get hurt?" their mom coos.

"Alright, are we gonna go sledding or what?" Claude calls and the other two boys cheer, hurrying to follow after.

"Hat Jamie!" his mom calls, making the boy groan as he walks over for the hat, she shoves it down on his head, tapping at his nose with a smile, "you don't want Jack Frost nipping at your nose."

Jack freezes, breath caught in his throat.

"Who's Jack Frost?"

"No one honey, it's just a saying."

And just like that, the hope Jack had felt gets squashed like a bug.

"No one?" he scoffs, trying not to let the words sting so much, and follows after the kids. He grabs a handful of snow, eying the group of children gathered in what he guesses is supposed to be a park.