revelations

Jack's fear seemed to choke him. Nowhere felt safe, not even green land filled him with comfort now. The easter bunny hated his guts and with the way pitch obsessed over him, he would dissect Jack's guts the second he's able to. He needed to get a hold of it, or else he'll just be a beacon for Pitch to find.

He wanted this to stop. he wishes the man on the moon never brought him back, maybe then he wouldn't be so sad, lonely, and afraid. Jack is unsure of how much time passes as he agonizes over every little thing around him, from shadows to footsteps to even wind shuffling through leaves and the area around him. Wind was his friend, he shouldn't be afraid of her but yet every time she howled Jack's heart began to pound in his chest.

He genuinely couldn't live like this.

He can get hurt, so does that mean he could kill himself?

He tries not to dwell on that thought.

It's with a trip to his pond, probably a few years after the easter incident. He was too afraid to go back to north America following the fight, afraid that Bunny would appear and do something else, or that Pitch would finally find a way to trap him.

It's not long after he settles at the edge of his frozen pond when MIM seems to light up, jack slowly dragging his eyes up to look at him.

"Now your gonna talk to me? after all this time?" He whispers out, voice hoarse from disuse. Tears drip down his face as he stares at the celestial being, watching for a moment as its brightness seems to pulse, but not a word is spoken to Jack. He opens his mouth to say something when a pain erupts within Jack's chest. He whimpers, curling over his knees as the pain radiates from his chest to the rest of his body.

"St-stop-" he forces out, withering on the ground.

The pain stops just as suddenly as it started, leaving him panting on the cold ground. The glow fades out slightly, leaving jack alone as he calms down. He tries to gather his bearings, reaching for his staff when he freezes.

Something... Something didn't feel right, like a memory in the back of his head was trying its hardest to dislodge itself and go to the front of his mind. Jack takes a deep breath, closes his eyes, and tries to focus.

He feels his body shifting before he realizes what exactly he's focusing on, jolting back and freezing. He brings his hand up and pulls his glove off, staring at the pale human hand now visible. He shoves his hood down, rushing to the edge of the lake to stare at his reflection in the ice he creates there.

He looked human. His fur had seemed to just turn into bright white hair, speckled with blue details and the frost that always clung to him. His eyes were just as bright and blue as they always were, but the rest of his face was different. there was no fur, no whiskers, no pink twitching nose.

There was just a person, a boy, staring back at him.

He kinda freaks out, throwing himself away from the water and struggling to get a good breath in because what the hell did the Man on the Moon do to him?

He glances back up at him and he swears the damn thing is laughing at him.

When he feels his hair start to creep down his face he rushes back towards the ice, watching as he slowly turns back into the body he knows. He stops, taking deep breaths to calm his panic, even sipping from the freezing water to get his bearings. when he looks back at himself it's still the same furry face that he knows.

With another deep breath, he focuses on that same feeling from before, but he keeps his eyes open this time, watching as his long fuzzy ears slowly shrink into human ones on the side of his head. He watches as the fur on his face creeps up and away from his chin, collecting at the top of his head and turning into more hair than fur.