Gifts

Even though he was taller then both of his parents, Jack was less then four year old. His growth rate was faster then humans, meaning he was smarter then both his parents combined as well as being the tallest in the family although still quite lanky.

He had been with the overlands for almost five years now and he was tired of staying indoors, wanting to go out with his sister and play in the forest. His parents noticed this and they knew the best way to give jack more freedoms.

A week of grueling work passed and miss overland has created a cloak that would hide jacks form from prying eyes. His hood included a scarf and gloves for extra protection. Jacks feet were wrapped up in left over cloth until something could be used to keep them hidden.

When he received his gift jack couldn't explain just how happy he was that his mother had given him the best possible gift. As thanks he cleaned up the house and prepared dinner for the night. Afterwards, when his sister and father came home, he showed her what their mother had made and the excitement radiating off of the ten year old was contagious and soon both of them were jumping with glee.

~

The next day came and the excitement was replaced with fear and anxiety as everyone prayed that no one would question jacks appearance.

For the first time in a while jack left the house holding his sisters hand. For the first time in years jack talked to someone who wasn't his family, a neighbor who had called out a good morning. He walked his sister to town where she showed him the best places to play with the other children.

It was winter so jacks clothing was questioned or thought of as suspicious, although being out of the house did earn them some stares from any unlucky soul who happened to be out of the house. It didn't bother them and soon they were heading back home, talking about all of the things they could do together.

Without knowing they stepped into ice, sending Emma sliding away from jack who managed to stay upright.

"We're not supposed to be on the ice!" Emma calls and jack laughs as she tries to get back up to her feet. He bends down and uses his hands to push himself over to his sister, bumping into her and sending her sprawling again and now it's her turn to laugh.

"We need to head home soon." Jack tells her after a few more minutes of skipping on the ice.

"Wait, jack, Look!" Emma calls, pointing to a part of the ice that was clean of snow. Sliding over to his sister jack looks into the ice, watching as it seemed like something was moving underneath the heavy frozen layer.

"It's so cool!" Emma exclaims with a giggle. Jack just smiles and watches his sister as she stares down at the ice in fascination.

"Let's go em." Jack sighs, breath puffing up in the air infront of him. His ears were becoming uncomfortable under the hood as he was unable to hold them down any longer with how happy he was. That was going to be a big problem.

"Okay jack." With that the two siblings slowly got off the slippery ice, holding hands as they made their way back home.

Entering the warm abode jacks eyes instantly settled on the strange Shepard's crook like staff his father was polishing.

"Jackson, sit please." He states as Emma hurries to see her mother. Unwinding the scarf and pulling his hood down jack sits by his father easily.

"I have been working on this for you ever since you hit your first growth spurt. You will most likely grow a bit more so it's a bit bigger then you." He starts to explain, jack hanging onto his every word, "this is for you my son. You can use it to protect yourself and make sure no one comes near."

The staff is handed over and Jack looks over the twisted wood in awe. It was beautiful, somehow crooked at one end in almost a perfect circle.

"I love it." Jack states, smiling widely at his father. His small tail wags when his father stands, pressing a kiss to his sons furry forehead.

"I need to go prepare the rabbits I caught for supper. Why don't you help your  mother and sister with whatever women need help with." He chuckles and jack laughs, nodding his head. The two part, one exiting the house while the other moves deeper into it.

"Jackson overland you must remember to knock before entering rooms!" His mother screams and jack scrambled away, his sister giggling like mad in the other room.

"Sorry mother!" Jack calls, his shock and surprise turning into amusement at the sound of his mothers muttering something about "hot headed men"

~

Bruh I already love the way this story is going!!

I hope you guys also liked this large spam, I won't be putting this A/N in completed stories Bc it will do nothing besides add more words

Anyway, check out my new stories, another marvel story
And a deltoonz.