Alone

He didn't understand why he was invisible to everyone around him, why he was able to control frost with his staff.

Why he couldn't remember the family he knew, he had to have had one, he had.

Everyday seemed to be the same, he would walk around with an uncontrolled urge to make it snow, to make it cold, and so he did. He found he could make it snow, he could control the blizzards that came in and the temperature.

It was fun, a distraction from his loneliness.

Then the seasons started to change, it got warmer and he wasn't sure what to do. His instincts were telling him to find colder places to continue doing his job but he didn't feel like leaving burgess.

Spring was starting to come and the inhabitants children of the town were getting excited. Something call the Easter bunny was coming for Easter. It would bring them chocolate and eggs.

How ridiculous did that sound?

Jack would roll his eyes, the Easter bunny seemed like a ridiculous concept until he thought back on himself. So jack waited, he wanted to see this Easter bunny.

When the day came it was the warmest jack had felt since he woke up. He didn't like it, jus the thought of how summer would feel made him shiver.

It was still early morning when he first heard the thumps of something larger then the deer in the forest. It made his ears perk up, the first time in over a week that they were in any position besides flat along his back. If it hadn't been for his enhanced hearing he probably wouldn't hear it as much as he did.

Jack followed the noise, it was moving quickly, going from above ground to below which was strange.

The ground tumbled below him and then a hole opened up almost twenty feet away. The wind was blowing towards him so when the Easter bunny jumped out he couldn't smell jack. The giant rabbit seemed to be exaclty the same to jack, except for the different colors and the fact that he was bigger and walked with more confidence.

When he moved, he left footprints in the dirt. The sight made something ache in jacks heart, would the Easter bunny be able to see him? He glanced down at his own feet, lifting one up to stare at the flat earth below it. He followed behind the Easter bunny on silent feet, thankful that he had foregone his normal shoes for the time being as they would have made his steps Loud and clumsy.

He was about to call out to get the Easter bunnies attention when he tripped, knocking into a tree and rustling all the plants around himself. The Easter bunny froze, ears straight up.

Jack was about to speak when the rabbit tapped his foot and a hole opened up below him, allowing for quick escape.

Jack stared wordlessly at where the Easter bunny used to be. Where has he gone? Why had he run?

Jack swallowed thickly before sighing. He could hear the Easter bunny, but it was faint and barley there so he must be miles away be now.

The one thing that gives him hope is the fact that the Easter bunny had reacted! He had heard him! He could probably see him too!

The excited thoughts causes his ears to rise up, pressing against his hood uncomfortably. If the Easter bunny could see him, does that mean there are other people who could as well?

His excitement gave way to hope, a hope he hadn't thought he would feel anytime soon.

Now he just had to find the Easter bunny again and make him stay still! Then he could talk to him and show him that he's the same! Happily jack bounce back to his pond, laughing giddily the entire way.

He might not have caught the bunny today, but there was always next year right? He would come again! Jack jumped off the ground, allowing wind to pick him up and rise him high up into the sky. He stared down at burgess, at the homes that now had children rushing out of in search of the eggs the rabbit had left behind.

He allows himself to hover with the clouds, trying to see if the Easter bunny was still in his neck of the woods but he was long gone by then. From where he was, jack could faintly seethe different brightly colored eggs scattered everywhere.

He knew someone would enjoy them, but he couldn't figure out who.

He allows himself to land back down by his pond, settling in besides his boots. He'll stay in burgess for a while longer to spread frost during the nights before moving to colder places once it got to warm.

Jack got himself comfortable in the little divot he had dug out the day before. He would sleep here for a now and plan how he'll get the Easter bunny's attention next year.

He won't be alone for long, that thought stayed with him as he drifted off.