What?

A/n IM BAAAAAACKKKK
Alright, first my friend drew some art for the story! (After I begged of course lol Witchnight)
I'm trying to work on stories again sooooo

Also in class we had been learning about staph infections and stuff so if you see staph instead of staff just comment and i'll change it later

Comment and show some love?

The next few Easter's were... well, they were failures. He could never get close enough, the Easter bunny would either hear him or smell him and would be gone instantly. He never got a look, if he did he would've seen jack with his hood down, ears up and eyes hopeful. Hopeful that he would get finally someone to talk to.

It never happened.

He couldn't understand why he would run at his scent. Did he smell like a human? Was that why he never turned when he smelt jack? If jack was the same as him, he should smell similar right?

By now he had given up truly understanding why he was the way he was and just accepted it. He's even seen others like him, he was a sprite not a spirit as he's learned, but they weren't friendly. They would always be rude and mean, snapping at him to leave. Call him a kid and belittle him.

So he's been avoiding other seasonal sprites like himself.

He's learned of the tooth fairy and Saint Nick and sandman, the "guardians" of children. They were seen by humans!

They were... so very lucky.

Jacks memories never truly fixed themselves, that feeling of missing something, of missing someone never went away but it did diminish as the days passed. He avoided that part, that void, he didn't need to feel worse then he normally did.

His ears had taken up the normal spot of being along his back, resting lazily. He had also started wearing his boots again when one of the sprites mentioned the fact that he had strange feet, having only seen a small glimpse of them. The comment had sent panic through jack, panic that he was unsure of its origins.

The boots made him walk awkwardly, they were painful as well but it was better to avoid the eyes of the other sprites. They didn't really focus on how he walked, mainly on how he looked.

This year, this year, he will get the Easter bunnies attention. He will make him stay and talk and help him figure out everything that has happened to him. Help him figure out what he was. He was a bunny to, maybe they could be friends! He really wanted a friend.

Jacks fear of losing this encounter was strong, potent. Anything and everything around him ended up covered in a thin but freezing cold layer of frost.

Easter was a few days away and bunny would be passing in through burgess early in the morning. Jack just had to plan a bit more. Then he could get his answers, and maybe even a friend.

~

When Easter finally arrived jack stayed hidden in a tree to wait for bunny, his ears were pressing against his hood due to his excitement. He was about to pull the hood down when the earth rumbled and a hole opened up. He never got to see what was inside the hole and tunnel and the small glimpse simply peaked his curiosity.

Jack startled slightly when bunny jumped through the hole, staying still for a moment to see if anyone was near before moving into hiding eggs.

He didn't waste another second and dropped down in front of the rabbit, making him jump back with shock.

"El-Ahrairah." He cursed out, taking a deep breath.

"You know, your a very hard man to get in touch with." Jack starts in an attempt to lighten the mood , "I've been trying the past few years to get your attention!"

"Tha' was you?" Bunny questions, narrowing his eyes. "You're the one  who's been messin' with my egg hunts?"

"Well, I've never touched your eggs but-"

"What do ya' want?" Bunny snaps, crossing his arms as he glares at jack.

"I wanted to talk to you-"

"So you interrupt me on my holiday?"

"It was the only time I could find you-"

"Have you ever thought that I didn't want to be found?" Bunny all but snarls, taking steps towards jack. He was taller and more intimidating then the frost rabbit. Jack shrinks down on himself.

"I-I just -"

"Just nothing." Bunny is quick to kick jacks staff out of his hand, smirking at the surprised cry coming from the others lips.

"You seasonal sprites are all da' same. Especially you winter ones." He growls, thumping his leg as jack lunges for his staff. A tunnel opens up below it and the staph is gone. Pure fear radiates through jack, he needs his staff! How could the Easter bunny be such an asshole!?

"Where did my staph go!?" Jack all but demands, voice high and panicked. Bunny's eyes twitch slightly.

" 'Bout five miles that way." He answers, pointing south, "now why don't you focus on yerself and leave me to my holiday." With that the rabbit taps his foot and disappears down another tunnel. Breathing raggedly jack calls for the wind to help him, soaring into the sky and south in the direction Bunny has pointed it. Tears streamed down his face, his fear growing as his thoughts run wild.

What if it's not there and instead north? What if it broke in the tunnel? What if some other sprite got to it first?

His panic goes away when he sees the familiar wood stuck in the dirt. Wind drops him gently and he collects his staph, holding it tightly to himself as he sits on the ground. His tears turn into ice as they cascade down his furry cheeks, sticking to them and his whiskers.

Any hope he had in finding a friend was gone and his ears stayed flat against his back. The only thing that heard his soft cries were the shadows that shifted with the trees.