Alastor/ mermaid!reader

Requested by Olivia_R2021
I was meant to do this literally last fucking year-

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Blue...That was the last thing you saw before it went dark. Oh how you loved the sight, before this, you went scuba diving unknowingly near some spear fisher, then something went wrong. You can still hear water in your ears.

Movement comes back to body but the familiar weightless feeling of being in water has yet to disappear. When you open your eyes you first notice that the color of the water is darker, more murky, than before. As you mind comes back you, you start to freak out, not feeling any equipment on you. You start to wonder why you're still in the water, shouldn't you be in a hospital if you're alive? How are you breathing right now!?

You shake your head and focus your thoughts before trying to swim towards the surface but something feels weird to you so you look down. Your eyes widening at the sight of a tail, not your legs, a scaly tale. You reach down towards your hips where the scales end and try to pull it off but nothing happens, it feels stuck you your skin and there is no zipper in the back. You sigh and to swim climb your way to the surface, flipping backward once or twice.

Once you breach the surface you start to look around for any signs of where you are. You look up and through the surrounding tree leaves you see that the sky a red color. You pinch yourself, no this isn't a nightmare this is real. You look around at the water your in and you immediately recognize it as a marsh/swamp as you can feel lily pads tickling your arms.

You move your take up and down in a slow attempt to get closer to the bank, one you do you use every ounce of upper body strength to sit yourself up on the muddy area. You take this moment to further analyze yourself; you tail isn't two short but  it definitely makes you at least 6 feet length wise, your fingers fade into a darker color up to your now claw-like-fingernails, your teeth are deadly sharp with a long tongue, your hair is longer than it was before(u can ignore the length) it feels almost oily soft.

When you finish admiring your tail you decide to get serious, you should practice swimming and hunting land animals if fish aren't around. Deciding that better swimming skills is more practical to survive in this realm, you push yourself back in the water.

. . . . . . . . . . . .*couple hours later*. . . . . . . . . . .

You think you got the hang of it, you've discovered a certain flick of the tail allows you speed through the roots with ease and how slick your body is roots won't tangle on any appendage. Although slower movements are easier. Your thoughts are cut off by a resounding growl, it takes you sec to realize that it was your stomach before you actually growl on accident, while practicing you never noticed any fish in the water at all so you flick your tail towards the bank. You wished their were fruit trees in marshes/swamps but luckily you know how to start a fire.

You hear a rustle in the trees, which surprises you with how loud it sounded despite the distance, and out come a beautiful doe. You apologize for what you're about to do to the poor thing as you sink into the water and watch the heaving doe come closer for a snack.
Grabbing onto the thicker tree roots above the water, you lunge at the doe and grab onto her, before some mysterious force grabs her too. Digging you nails into the doe  now unmoving,  you look up and see some a...deer man? Smiling very wide.

"Well isn't this a pleasant surprise!I've managed to catch extra for dinner.", the smiling deer man exclaims. You could feel your eyes bulge at his<666 words> words before you shout, "WWHAT?!". He flinched a bit, not expecting you to speak apparently, "I didn't take you for a intelligent species. My apologies dear, I am Alastor also know as the Radio Demon! What is your name and what are you doing this far out of the city?" Alastor asks before setting the doe and you down on the ground.