Nightmare

Nightmare one-shot requested by AllisonTart

*This is not proof read
**Subject to edit
***OOC

Fem! Reader - if you want me to post this one while using he/him or they/them Pronouns, ask, please, I'm only going off of requests

   Charlie didn't want to back down from Valentino and called for backup from the hotel to help protect Angel. To which Valentino got upset and got ready to kill her to get to his obsession until Vox stepped in.

Alastor hadn't known fear, panic, and anguish until that day

Valentino had managed to get a cheap shot in with his gun while you were distracted. You freeze at the sharp pain in your chest and look down to see a steady stream of blood run down your body.

"Oh Shit!", Angel rushes over and picks you up to hold your wound. Turning his back towards Valentino.

"God damnit..." he mumbles in frustration, "It's gonna be alright, doll just stay wake... Hey, we need some assistance over here, Al!"

Angel dust trails off as he sees Alastor approaching. His smile looks distressed and stretched to its limit. Vox was furious that Alastor wasn't paying attention to him and launched an attack at him. Alastor knocked Vox back with a flick of his wrist.

Alastor kneels down beside you and gently holds your cheek. He then attempts to heal your wounds, but his magic isn't well adept to healing, especially a serious woundand like this. You know that, too.

His breath hitches at the feeling of your hand on his cheek, "Darling," He muttered quietly, "Stay by my side... you can't just..."

Alastor notices your eyelids drooping and your hold growing weak. He panics and grabs both your cheeks, "S-Stay awake now, dear!"

He looks over at Angel dust with a look of desperation, "Don't just stand there, help them!"

Angel shakes his head, "S-She got shot in the chest, Al... she ain't gonna make it..."

Alastor shakes and holds your body close to his chest. He heaves before letting out an ear-grating screech, covered with radio screeches and deer noises as his powers now run rampant and attack aimlessly due to the current emotional distress.

He looks down at your body, growing cold. He doesn't want to believe it to be true. His breath his labored, and his eyes move erraticly, trying to make sense of everything.

Alastor wakes up with a start. He holds his hand to his chest and quickly gets up to look for you. Alastor panics all over again when he sees your room empty.

He searches high and low, anxiously gripping his staff.
Alastor then notices the library lights on. He opens the door as tears begin well up in his eyes, Alastor quickly wipes them away as he spots you on the couch, reading a book.

He walks over and lifts her into a tight hug with a shuddering sigh of relief.

You yelp in suprise and look down to see his arms around you. You sigh and place your hand over his.

"Hey, Al, what's wrong?"," you asked in a soft tone.
He doesn't answer and only tightens his hold on you.

"Do you want to talk about it, hun?"
Alastor shakes his head no and nuzzle his face into the back of your neck.

You think for a moment, "Oh... was it the dream again?"
He nods and revels in the sound of her voice and feel of her pulse.

A few moments pass with Alastor holding her to his chest before she finally speaks again.

"Which one, if you dont mind me asking, do you want to talk about it now?",you asked again, hoping that you weren't overstepping

He takes a deep breath before speaking, "You died... You died in my arms," He said simply, "It hurt to watch, to feel..."

You turn yourself around in his hold and hug him back.
Alastor's voice crackles,"I love you, dearest,"

"I love you too, Hun..." You reach up and hold his cheek, placing a small kiss on his forehead. "Let's get to bed, I already spent long enough reading these books."

Alastor slowly releases you and follows you closely as you both walk to his room. He consistently touches parts of you, wanting to be sure you really are there.

You walk into his room and sit down on his bed. Alastor moves next to you and eventually lays his head in your lap.

You chuckle and run your hand over his face and through his hair.
You begin to hum a soft tune as Alastor relaxes in your lap. He wraps his arms around your torso and buries his head into your stomach.

The energy spent in his earlier panic began to catch up with him. Soon enough, he falls asleep.

You lean back with a sigh. You notice Angel poking his head with the room with a concerned look. He must have heard Alastor running around.
You smile and hold a finger to your lips. He grins and leaves.

*This was supposed to be done on Wednesday, but I got sick