Chapter 5

~ KIDNAPPED LOVE ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~          In The Grabbers Basement~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          In The Grabbers Basement
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I reached my hand out for him. Was he really there? Maybe it was the spray getting to my head and the lack of eyesight. I almost put it back down when I felt it. I felt his touch.

His hands wrapped around my wrist and pulled me closer to him. I felt his arms wrap around me; before I could process it, we hugged. I had so many overwhelming feelings. The feeling of safety, relief, and fear. All at once.

Even though I haven't been gone long, it felt terrific being near someone I knew. Let alone it being Robin.

I hated that I could barely see him.

"You're alive," I stated.

"I'm alive." I could hear him confirm

I hugged him tighter and thanked God for keeping him alive. I felt him place his hands on my arms and push me back.

"How is your eyesight?" He asked.

"Complete shit," I said, trying to blink a few times.

"He sprayed you with that junk too, huh?" His fingers landed on my jawline and he moved my head around to get, what I assume was a better look.

"Yeah. I didn't see it coming. Not the magic trick I wanted." I could hear him chuckle at my minor joke.

Even if it was the wrong time to joke around, at least it helped lighten the mood. I couldn't help but smile. Even in this shitty world, we still had each other. Best friends never give up on each other.

"If you want, once your eyesight clears I can show you around." His fingertips left my face "There's not much but knowing the place can help us come up with a plan."

"That's probably a good idea." I nodded.

"For now, rest your head. Can't catch much sleep around here so it's best to get it when you can. Especially on the first day."

"I can try. Thank you, Robin" I feel for a good spot and lay my head down. It feels good to lie down for once and to my surprise, it doesn't take me long to fall asleep.

                    * TIME SKIP *

When I woke up, I felt normal. I sat up and was confused about where I was. Nothing looked like home. It was grey and sad. It made me want to cry. But I wanted to cry more when the confusion fell away.

I was kidnapped.

I wasn't home.

I was missing.

Everything from yesterday came back. The spray. The threats and apologies from the Grabber. The horrible eyesight, which is now back to normal. The reunion with Robin.