Chapter 9

THE UPCOMING CHAPTER MAY HAVE SCENES THAT CAN DISTURB OR TRIGGER OTHERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
(TW: R@PE)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ KIDNAPPED LOVE ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                     UNKNOWN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Drip

                     UNKNOWN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drip

Drip

Drip

There was the sound of water. When I opened my eyes, I realized I wasn't in the basement anymore. Instead, I was outside on the floor. It was night time and I felt the wet grass soak my back. The feeling of freedom rushed over me. I was finally free.

When I sat up, I looked around and there was a dripping faucet hooked to the house I was laying by. That must be where the dripping noise is coming from.

I finally stood up. There was no one around, the street lights were on, and every house had no sign of activity. I was finally free but I couldn't help but feel like something was missing. Robin.

I stood up and looked around trying to find him. He was nowhere in sight and I felt my chest tighten. I couldn't leave here without him. What if he ran off without me? What if he is stuck inside?

I couldn't believe I was out but how did I get out? I remember nothing and I don't even know how far from home I am. All of the possibilities and questions rushed into my mind and I quickly shut them down. If I wanted to stay sane, I needed to stop thinking about what if's.

I went to the street and looked for any sign of movement. Since it was night, my chances of someone being out were low. But that also meant that Robin would be easy to spot and identify if he was around.

Nothing seemed similar. The road. The houses. The street names. I didn't know where I was and that meant finding a way back home would be hell. Maybe if I found someone, I could get directions. But that would probably have to wait till morning.

When I realized that there was a low chance of Robin being on this street, I went to the open road. This road connected all the neighborhoods in this area. When I was walking on the sideline of the road, I noticed a bike coming towards me.

The closer it got, the more details I could identify. The person was wearing a yellow raincoat. Which I found weird since it wasn't even raining nor was there signs that it had been. Then they got closer and I could see it was a girl. Then she got close and I realized I knew the person. Gwen.

I ran to meet her and she seemed to notice that it was me. She jumped off her bike while it was still going, and ran to me. She would stubble here and there but once she got to me, she hung on close.

I missed her so much and the feeling of overwhelming joy rushed over me. I was free and at home. All my worries of yesterday were gone.

    "Finney! We found you. I finally found you!" She cried out.