Chapter 6

~ KIDNAPPED LOVE ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ON THE MATTRESS, GRABBERS BASEMENT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ON THE MATTRESS,
GRABBERS BASEMENT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The phone is ringing. I genuinely want to give up on it and not answer but every chance we get to possible freedom, needs to be taken. I get up and walk over to the phone for what felt like the 1000th useless time. I pick it up and put it to my ear like normal. But something caught me off guard.

There was static.

The phone was working. Or was it?

    "Hello?" I finally said. "Is somebody there? I need help" But all there was silence. "Hello?" But still nothing.

    "Finney," I heard someone finally whisper on the other side of the phone.

I slam the phone down on the receiver and quickly move back. My feet trip me and I fall to the floor but I still move away from the phone until my back touches the wall.

I feel like the wind got knocked out of me. I could barely breathe. Too much just happened at once. I must have been daydreaming. There is no way someone was on the other side.

Hands grab onto my arms and I see Robin in front of me. "What, Finn?" He was bent down in front of me and his eyes were wide. "What did you hear?"

I couldn't move as I was asking myself the same question. "My..my uh...my name." I finally blinked and gave my full attention to him. "They said my name. They said, Finney."

Robins's face turned into a look of disbelief and confusion. "They said your name?"

"Yeah. I know I sound crazy bu-" I was cut off by the ringing of the phone.

I didn't know what to do. I sat there and stared at it in fear but disbelief. There have never been two calls back to back. I get up, move Robin out of the way, and walk back up to the phone. I picked it up and then put it back down.

"I'm done. I'm done." I pleaded. "It's not real."

But it rang again. It won't stop. Why wot it stop?

I looked back at Robin and he gave me a nod. That convinced me to pick it up again but listen this time. I put it to my ear. Before I could say anything, a voice came through.

    "Don't hang up." I heard a male voice say.

    "I won't." I agreed. "Who is this?"

    "I don't remember my name." The boy stated.

    "Why not?" I asked with a small shrug.

    "It's the first thing you lose."

    "First thing you lose when?" I didn't want to know the answer.