" Chapter 23 "

~ Doruk ~

I stayed in my room for a while then I heard mother's and son's giggle and I even heard her say that she'll make chocolate pancakes for Umer. Urghhh. Then what about me? I stayed for a while and then I got up from my bed and went towards Umer's bedroom.

"Good night mommy. I love you." As soon as I heard Umer's voice my heart tightened. This boy never showed anyone that he missed his mother but look at him now. I was happy because atleast my son could have his mother's love that I failed to have.

"Mommy loves you the most." I heard her gentle and sweet voice. Her voice was filled with love and care that she had for my son. Well our son. I felt happy as I thought that. Did she love the child she gave birth to for money this much? I listened to them and stayed there because I was thinking about my mother's face. She was gorgeous but what happened to her? Why did she die? She was just so young in that picture. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath because I wanted to calm myself.

"Doruk?" I heard a sweet voice beside me. I quickly looked at the woman who was looking at me while biting her bottom lip. Damn... Is she trying to seduce me?

"Thankyou." She smiled at me and spoke. Holy fuck... Did she just smiled at me? My heartbeat ridiculously increased as she smiled. That smile just took my breath away.

"You happy?" I asked her as she nodded at me with a smile. Damn... So fucking similar to Umer.

"Yes. Thankyou." Her eyes became moist as she spoke. I sighed and pulled her to me by her waist and kissed her forehead.

"Why don't you become my woman and do things a wife should do? Hmm?" I asked against her ear as she pushed me away.

"Don't even think about it Doruk. I still hate you." She spoke while looking away from me. Her words really made my heart hurt. Why? Why can't she just accept me after I gave her what she wanted? I haven't done anything wrong to deserve these words right?

"Why?" I asked her as I pulled her to me again. She looked up at me and slapped me across my face. What the fuck? I looked at her face that was filled with tears and unbearable pain. What happened to her?......

................................

~ Asiye ~

I was wrong. I knew I was wrong and I didn't have to hit him. He did what I wanted. He even treated me gently but how am I supposed to forget my brother? How? I can't... I just can't forgive him for what he did years ago. Didn't he threaten me? He even let my brother die and he knew it. I even waited for him for the whole nine months but did he ever came? I lost my brother because of his family and because of his grandma. That heartless witch... I waited for him...

"I... I'm so sorry... Doruk... I can't forgive you... I waited..." My tears uncontrollably rolled down as I remembered the past. Omer was just seven years old but he had to die untimely. Wasn't it all because of his damn family?

"What?... " He asked me as he pulled me to him again. I looked at his eyes and those were already red.

"I lost everything because of you. I... I just can't forget. I lost him." I said and I saw the anger in his eyes. Why is he even angry? Suddenly he grabbed me from my hand and dragged me into his bedroom where I was earlier.

"You're hurting me... let me go." I tried to break free from his hand but I couldn't. As soon as he pushed me inside the bedroom, he also came in and closed the door as he locked it. Horror took over me as I remembered what kind of dangerous man he is. I looked at him and saw he was furious and clenching his jaw while looking at me. I took a few steps back as he strode towards me.

"YOU STILL FUCKING DARE TO TALK AFTER YOU KILLED HIM BY NOT PAYING HIS SURGERY FEE? DARE TO SAY THAT YOU LOST HIM? WOMAN, IT WAS YOU WHO KILLED HIM!" What? Me? Wasn't it because he didn't pay money?

"Doruk... it.." Before I could finish what I wanted to say he cut me off.

"THIS WAS THE LAST TIME AND YOU'LL NEVER SEE MY SON AGAIN. FUCK OFF!" He shouted at me. What? How could he? Fury took over me because of his words.

"HOW DARE YOU DORUK? YOU DARE TO CALL HIM THAT HE'S YOUR SON? WERE YOU THERE FOR ME WHEN I WAS CARRYING HIM FOR WHOLE DAMN NINE MONTHS? DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW HE KICKED ME AND HOW HE GREW INSIDE OF ME? YOU KNOW NOTHING!" I shouted back at him as he looked at me with hurt eyes. You deserve this pain Doruk Atakul.

"DID YOU EVEN STAY THERE TO HEAR HIS FIRST CRY AS SOON AS HE WAS BORN? I WAS THERE DORUK! I WAS THE ONE WHO CARRIED HIM FOR NINE MONTHS AND I WAS THE ONE WHO SUFFERED! I GAVE BIRTH TO HIM ALL ALONE! DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW HE REACTED EVERYTIME I MENTIONED YOU? I SAID DADDY WILL COME TO SEE US, EVERYTIME I SAID THAT HE KICKED ME! I KNEW HE WAS HAPPY BUT DO YOU EVEN KNOW THAT?"

"YOU JUST FUCKED ME AND LEFT AND NEVER CAME AGAIN! ALL YOU DID WAS HURT ME! DID YOU GUYS EVEN LET ME SEE HIM FOR ONE LAST TIME? IT WAS YOU WHO TOOK MY SON AWAY FROM ME! YOUR HEARTLESS GRANDMOTHER DIDN'T EVEN LET ME FEED HIM MY MILK! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I SUFFERED BECAUSE I COULDN'T GIVE MILK TO MY SON? I COULDN'T EVEN WEAR A CLOTH DORUK BECAUSE THE MILK WAS LEAKING WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE! PEOPLE LAUGHED AT ME AND INSULTED ME BECAUSE I HAD MILK BUT NO BABY! THEY EVEN ASKED ME TO FEED THEM IF I DON'T HAVE A BABY TO FEED! SO YES, I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU FOR EVERYTHING AND HE'S MY SON NOT YOURS!" I released my pain from almost four years ago by shouting at him. I noticed the man infront of me just looking at me with hurt and tear filled eyes but his tears never rolled down.

"Do you even know what a mother's love is Doruk?" I wiped my tears. He looked at me and closed his eyes.

"No. How am I supposed to know since I never had a mother to love me?" My heart tightened as I heard what he said. He didn't have a mother? My eyes became moist with that thought. Did I hurt him by saying those words? My heart began to hurt as I saw the pain in his eyes. Why did my heart ache for him? Wasn't he the one who hurt me? But why?

"I'm sorry." I said as I walked to him. He just looked at me and looked away. I sighed and left his room. I should just stay away from them as he said. I didn't want to leave my son but I just can't make his life bad because of me. I can't go to my apartment as it's not safe anymore so I decided to go to the house that was filled with painful memories.

"Where are you going?" I heard his voice as I tried to press the button of the elevator. I didn't answer him, I just pressed the button. Then I felt him coming towards me and grabbed me from my hand.

"Didn't you tell him that you would make chocolate pancakes for him tomorrow? Dare to lie to my son?" With that he pulled me into his bedroom where we were a few minutes ago.

"Wear this and stay. You're not going back again." He walked towards his closet and took a shirt out as he came and gave it to me. Did I just try to leave from here while wearing a bathrobe? Why did I forget that? I took his shirt and nodded. I looked at him and saw he was already looking at me.

"Let's live together."