Spencer (10)

Chapter 10

Well since I currently have no where to stay I have to drive back up to the agency. I told Zack he could go home if he wanted to but he wanted to stay with Arella, and Arella also had no place to go since she was staying with me. Lucas had a place to go but he would get beaten before he could step through the door, so I was not letting him go back to there no matter how much he wanted to. The sun was setting and it was getting dark fast. I was still fuming. I wonder where Alec will send me. I need to talk about something to take my mind off of this.

"Hey do you guys ever wonder who killed my family?" I asked thinking out loud.

"Yeah. I always wished the police never stopped looking for the person that got that truck onto the highway." Zack answered with a wondering look. Lucas nodded in agreement. I remember making a promise after the police stopped. I had promised I would find the person who did it. I did try but I had succeeded in finding nothing, and I couldn't do it now because of the new things that's happening now. If there's a way for me to find out with everything going on now I'll still try.

"You could always ask Alec. You know he keeps close tabs on everyone in the agency, and we have camera's everywhere around this town." Arella suggested. It wasn't a bad idea actually, but I know he won't tell me while I'm on a mission, because it might distract me.

"Well I can't ask him now, because you know I can't get distracted with everything that's going on." I stated. "But I might be able to look into it if you guys help me. That way I can keep a close eye on Lucas and solve my mystery." A small smile tugged at my lips when I thought of that. Lucas grunted. I know he doesn't like the one that has to be protected.

I pulled up into the empty parking lot and looked around before I cruised my car into the secret garage in the wall. I got out and walked up to the entrance. There was an eye and thumb scanner. I let my eye and thumb get scanned. I got through the first door, and had to pull out my entrance card to get through the second door. It scanned my card and welcomed me.

"Hello Spencer." the machine welcomed.

"Wow you need a lot to get through here." Zack said.

We walked through the entrance door and saw a few people training. I looked around for Troy who was the next person to become boss if something was to happen to Alec. I spotted Troy ordering someone around at a desk. I know he will know where Alec is at. I walked straight toward him looking madder than ever. I wanted to burst into tears, but I held them back.

"Spencer what happened?" Troy asked while looking me over with a sense of worry.

"Don't worry about it. Where's Alec at?" I asked looking down.

"He's at a meeting, but I can go get him for you." he stated. He kept trying to look in my eyes but I avoided eye contact.

"Thanks I'll go wait in his office." I said while taking my friends so we could go sit in his office. When we got to his office I took a seat. I don't know why but my eyes automatically went to the file case. A thought processed in my head. If I could get into the file case without being caught I could get information on my family's murderer, but there was one problem. He always keeps his office locked when he's not in the building. But I know he has an extra set. He always keeps it on his desk. I scanned the pile of mess on his desk with my eyes.

I spotted the extra set under some paper. I threw my keys on his desk next to his extra set as if it was on purpose. I know he's gonna send someone tell us to go wait somewhere else until he's done with the meeting, so when they come to usher us out I'll reach for my keys, and grab his extra set at the same time. I know your wondering why I didn't just grab it, but I had to do it this way because he keeps cameras in his office. If he looks back on camera and see me just grab them then I'll get in trouble, but if he see me grab it like this he'll think it was by accident. The door opening interrupted my thoughts. A young man stuck his head into the office and told us to go wait in the cafeteria. I grabbed for my keys and picked up mine and his keys. I will have to come back when the building is empty.

"Do you guys have good food here or is it actually like cafeteria food?" Lucas asked me.

"No it's actual food." Arella answered for me.

"Yay! Lets go eat!" Zack said while running outside but had to stop because he had no idea where the cafeteria was. I laughed at his dumbness and let Arella lead the way. While walking Lucas grabbed onto my Had. I looked up at him and smiled.

"Are you okay, because you haven't said a word since we got here." Lucas stated.

"I'm fine just thinking about my family." I reassured him. He laughed. "What? What's funny?" I asked.

"Do you remember how your sister use to always call me Uncle Luke?" He asked with a smile.

"Yeah, and she always listened to you but never me."

"Yeah I miss your little sister. My niece."

"Yeah no matter how much she liked you the most I still love and miss her." I stated. We got to the cafeteria and took a seat at one of the tables after we got our food.

"Hey do you guys remember Jackie?" Zack asked.

"Yeah what happened to her?" I asked. She was here before I moved, but I guess she moved.

"Her parents had problems, so they got a divorce. Her and her mom moved to Arizona." Lucas tole me. I was completely shocked. Her parents was like the perfect couple. Well in everyone else's eyes, but I guess they had problems that they kept hidden.

"When did this happen? Why hasn't she called me? We use to be bestfriends." I asked.

"Well did you ever try calling her?" Arella asked. I just gave her a puzzling look. "I know I don't know this person but did you try calling her?"

"Well no, but she should have called me when this happened."

"Maybe she didn't feel the need to call you, because you never called her." Lucas stated. "She moved a month ago. I still have her number it may still work." Lucas said with hope in his voice. That moment the boss came into the cafeteria.

"Hey sorry about the wait. Hope you guys enjoyed your dinner." he said while pointing to our food.

"Yeah we did." I replied.

"Well what's up?" he asked me.

"Someone bombed my house like they did to Arella's." Alec rubbed his face with both hands and let out a groan.

"Well we had sent her to your house, because we still haven't found the right place to put her at. I guess you guys will have to stay here for the night until we can find a place for you." Alec stated.

"I could just go stay with Simon." I stated.

"With your friends? That would rise to much suspicion in one night." He stated. He was right I would have to make up a reason to go stay at his house. Especially with my friends.

"Well then where will we sleep at on the hospital beds?" I asked him. I was beginning to get frustrated as he kept pointing out different facts.

"No we have beds here called the bunkers. They are bunk beds. I'll take you there around the end of the day." He stated. "You guys can go get you some clothes from wall-mart or something. I'll give you some money. If you come back early go to the training room." He said. I felt a little bit of relief wash over me. At least I can go get me some new clothes.

"There's also showers next to the bunckers. A girls and boys shower. If you guys want to hit the showers before you go to bed go ahead. I'll leave them unlocked."

"Thanks Alec. Your a life saver."

"I've been told. That's my job you know." he said with a wink. I laughed at him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey I hope you enjoyed this chapter. There's going to be a little snooping around in the next one. Thanx for reading! COMMENT, VOTE, AND FAN IF YOU LIKE!

~JESSICA~

P.S.

Please look at my story Hidden From The Truth and let me know what you think!