Spencer (12)

Chapter 12

I really can't deal with this right now. My eyes is fighting against sleep. I couldn't get any sleep last night, because of the images of that accident that kept going through my mind. I kept tossing and turning all night, so I had decided to get up and go get in bed with Lucas who by the way didn't care at all. I cuddle up against him my back against his chest. I took in long heavy breaths as I tried to get the scene out of my head pretty soon I started to feel better when my mind drifted to Lucas, and I feel asleep.

I didn't get much sleep unless you count 4 hours of sleep enough, and I was now sitting in class trying so hard to listen to the math lesson that was going on. Then out of no where a paper ball came buzzing past my face bouncing off my desk and landing on the floor with out a sound. I looked over in the direction it came from and saw Zack mouthing the word read. I waited for the teacher to turn back around and quickly picked up the paper ball and straightened it out.

"What's wrong with you? You look like you've been through a storm. Did you get enough sleep?" was written across the paper in his neat slanted cursive writing.

"I have." was all I wrote back before I tossed it back in his direction. He read it then looked at me. He was about to reply when a loud annoying siren like voice was heard through the classroom.

"Mr. Lanton Zack and Spencer is tossing notes across the classroom, and I think it's disturbing the class." Whitney said interrupting the class.

"Give me the note." Mr. Lanton's deep voice was the only sound in the room with all heads turned in our direction. I looked at Zack and saw that he was about to shove the note in his mouth before he hesitated and looked at my for approval. I shook my head and he got up to give Mr. Lanton the note. I saw him look at me before he threw the note away.

"That's it! Your not gonna read it out loud like you usually do?" one of Whitney's minions asked. I think her name is Melisa. Mr. Lanton ignored this question and continued on with his lesson.It wen like this for the rest of the class before finally the bell rang waking me up a bit. I got up grabbing my things to go when Mr. Lanton called my name.

"Spencer." he said his voice level and calm.

"Yes?" I asked stopping in front of the classroom door.

"Is every thing all right?" I could hear the concern dripping off of his tounge. He had obviously heard the story about my family just like all the other teachers had in this school. That's why I didn't want to come back.

"Yes." I said walking out before he could ask me any more questions.

Lucas (P.O.V.)

I was itching to get out of class so I could go talk to Spencer. I noticed this morning when I walked her to her class she seemed drained, and she wasn't in my first period class anymore because they had moved her into another class. When the bell rang I shot out my seat like it was on fire. I went through the large crowd of students trying to get to Spencer classroom so I could see what was going on with her.

I made to her class in time and caught before she made it to her next class. I grabbed on to her elbow, and she turned around ready to hit someone. When she saw it was me she dropped her fist and let her arms hang like dead twigs on a tree.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked while pushing her up against a locker nearby. I was starting to get worried when she didn't answer, because this was the same way she acted day before she left, and all the phone calls started  coming, and then they just stopped. I started to panic. Had I rushed us into this relationship, or if she just not love me anymore. I backed away from her slowly letting her get a little breathing room.

"Is it us?" I asked my voice coming out very low. I could feel my heart pounding rapidly in my chest, trying to circulate the blood calmly while trying to keep up with my racing pulse. She quickly looked up at me.

"No!" she said sharply. I didn't believe her first, but then I saw the truth in her eyes when she looked at me. Everything else disappeared, and then it was back. Something else was on her mind but she wouldn't tell me what it was.

"Then what is it?"

"It's the... what I..." she stopped then took a deep breath. " I saw the accident being replayed on that video yesterday, and I saw... her... their bodies laid out on the ground." she said. I pulled her in and held her while she let the tears slip.  She hid her face in between my jacket and my shirt while the last of the people passed. The late bell rung signaling anyone left in the hall would be caught in the hall sweep and get sent to ISS room. I pulled away from her for a second, and pulled a sheet of paper out of my bag, and wrote a fake pass to the library.

Spencer (P.O.V.)

We sat in the back of the library for the rest of the day. The Librarians hadn't noticed we came in, so they also hadn't noticed us sitting in the back. We had skipped lunch and talked everything over. I had got a few text messages from Zack and Arella and Lucas the same thing, but we didn't answer because right now I really needed to vent.

"I think I should have been the one to die, because I can't deal with this and I don't know how to solve this. My parents would have been better at it. I never did anything for them but complain, and I was always mean to my little sister. I even hurt you in the end." I said. I was playing with my fingers just saying what was on my mind, and it felt good. It felt like I was starting to breath again. "I was a total screw up, and I'm still one now."

"No your not, and don't say it again. None of you deserve to die, but it was there time to go. You can't stop it and you can't keep it from happening. I'm gonna tell the truth though. I'm glad your the one that's still here, because with out you I would have given up. I probably would have been dead. murdered at the hands of my drunk foster parent. But you know what I'm still here and you are to, so I promise you we're gonna get through this." he said while tilting my head up to meet my eyes. I was kinda happy to hear him say that even though I was still devistated from their death. I leaned in and gave him a quick peck on the lips. I needed to learn to get past this, and I'm hoping he can help me with it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's a little short, but I hope you enjoyed it. I sorry that it's late but on the last three days of school we had finals, and I couldn't function after all those test. So I didn't upload the day I said I would. Sorry! Schools over so I'm going to be uploading early now if I have the time to.

*Jessica*