Chapter 1 [Fixed]

_

_

_

The sun began to rise over the quiet town, casting a warm glow across the landscape. Denji, a rugged young man with blonde hair, held a peculiar red bean-shaped chainsaw in his hand. His loyal companion, Pochita, a dog with an unusual appearance, wagged his tail in anticipation.

"You know the drill, Pochita! Let's get to work," Denji exclaimed with a determined look in his eyes.

Pochita responded with an enthusiastic "Woof!" as they both hid behind a bush, their target in sight. Before them stood a bizarre creature a tomato with numerous human-like legs and eyes, its mouth forming a sinister slit. It was the dreaded Tomato Devil.

"Killing one devil usually nets us about 300 grand," Denji remarked to Pochita, his grip on the chainsaw tightening as he heard its distinct buzzing sound. With a swift leap, he charged towards the unsuspecting Tomato Devil.

The chainsaw whirred to life, and in a matter of moments, Denji had dispatched the Tomato Devil with ease.

"Got your Tomato Devil right here. Remember, it revives from its seeds, so we should burn it," Denji reminded himself and his faithful canine companion.

"Good job, Denji," an elderly man's voice praised from the shadows.

Denji grinned and replied, "This guy's corpse will fetch a pretty penny on the black market. The reward's 400 grand. I'm taking out 170 grand to cover your loan and interest payments."

"Thanks!!" Denji responded happily, relieved to be making progress.

The old man's tone turned more business-like as he continued, "And then there's the commission for referring you and associated fees..."

As the old man left, Denji was left alone with his thoughts. He checked the meager contents of his wallet and sighed, "Only 70 grand left."