Chapter 29

________________________________________________________________________________

Gojo, a busy individual immersed in her job, remains unaware of the appearance of the Falling Devil. The Falling Devil, preoccupied with shopping for eyeballs and ears, moves swiftly through the streets. Eventually, she arrives at a nearby supermarket.

"Ten eyes, four ears, that leaves..." the Falling Devil mutters, entering the supermarket while scanning the assortment of vegetables and fruits. Politely, she approaches an assistant and asks, "Excuse me, do you have an apple variety that pairs well with human flesh?" With her eyes still closed and her mouth and eyes dripping with blood, the eerie request leaves the assistant visibly unsettled.

The assistant, overwhelmed by the encounter, floats against the ceiling and repeatedly mumbles, "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." The Falling Devil attempts to reassure her, saying, "Oh, dear, please relax. Unless you attack me first, I mean you no harm." Gradually, the woman calms down, allowing the devil to continue their inquiry about the apples.

After completing her shopping in the supermarket, the Falling Devil suddenly remembers something. "Goodness me, I forgot. The recipe for the sauce called for a man's head," she mutters. Looking around, she asks in a random direction, "Excuse me, could somebody spare me one?" Unbeknownst to her, the devil finds herself surrounded by devil hunters.

"Open fire," commands one of the devil hunters. Instantly, numerous snipers unleash a barrage of bullets, dismembering the Falling Devil. Flesh and organs spill out as they continue firing until the devil is reduced to a gory mess. The devil hunter orders, "Cease fire," and they carefully observe the Devil's remains. However, to their surprise, the devil begins to heal.

"It's impossible to kill me with any means of attack humanity presently possesses. I'd prefer to avoid meaningless slaughter. Won't someone spare me a head?" the devil remarks. As the devil's head is about to be reattached, the devil hunters quickly shoot her again, dismembering her once more. Letting out a sigh, the devil's surroundings experience a strange gravitational shift, causing cars and buildings to float. One of the devil hunters loses his footing and falls from the floating debris. Taking advantage of the chaos, the devil swiftly beheads him and takes his head, expressing gratitude.

"All that remains is to make Asa Mitaka fall, and the dish will be complete," the devil says, falling into silence. Suddenly, the sound of a chainsaw is heard, and the devil is pierced in the chest by Denji. With a swift motion, Denji slices the devil's wrist, causing her guts to spill out again.