Chapter 7[Fixed]

_

_

_

"Bat demon!" Power's voice trembled as she faced the monstrous creature.

"I brought a human as promised! Return Nyako!" Power pleaded desperately. But her face didn't change, her expression is still indifferent, but her voice and eyes can't hide the desperation 

"Hmm? Ah...that's right!" The bat demon's raspy voice held a hint of amusement.

With a sinister grin, the bat demon retrieved a cage containing a frail, terrified cat, Nyako. The feline's frightened eyes darted around the cage as she let out a faint meow.

"Nyako!" Power's shout was tinged with desperation, her brow glistening with sweat.

The bat demon's eerie laughter echoed through the eerie chamber. "Your punishment for having brought me unsavory blood still remains."

In a bloody display, the bat demon slid the cage onto its grotesque, elongated tongue and swallowed it whole. Nyako's final meow was muffled as she disappeared down the demon's gullet.

"Nyako..." Power's voice quivered as her mind raced with memories. She reminisced about all the moments she had shared with Nyako. Their first encounter had been when the starving cat had crossed her path. It was then that she had squeezed a cow to provide milk for Nyako, who had drunk voraciously until she had grown plump. It was a heartwarming memory that now felt like a cruel irony.

Then, the image of the injured bat devil's arrival, snatching Nyako as a hostage, flashed vividly in her mind. A shudder ran down her spine as she relived the dread of that moment.

As Power grappled with her emotions, the bat demon's sinister appetite continued to wreak havoc. It's a solemn reminder of the stakes in this ghastly encounter, a moment that would forever change her life and the fate of her beloved Nyako.

Gulp

Power's sudden disappearance left Denji bewildered. He turned to the bat demon, still grappling with the bitter taste in its mouth.