Chapter 30

____________________________________________________________________________

Amidst the chaos of the city streets, Denji and Asa navigated their escape with a mixture of audacity and desperation. The bike's engine roared, a furious symphony interwoven with the grisly splatter of severed tentacles that painted the surroundings in a morbid shade of red.

Denji's elated expression turned towards Asa, his exhilaration evident in his voice. "Didn't know I could do that! Awesome!" he declared, the thrill of newfound prowess palpable in his tone. Asa's reaction, however, painted a contrasting picture. She clung to Denji with a vice-like grip, her fear manifest in the way she held on, even as they blazed through the cityscape.

Amidst the unrelenting speed, Asa managed to speak her mind. "That fake chainsaw man...if we can outrun these tentacles, we'll make it out of this!" Her eyes remained tightly shut, a fragile defense against the nightmarish world that surrounded them.

Denji's curiosity got the best of him. "You believe that fake?" he questioned, a hint of skepticism coloring his words.

"They saved us, didn't they?!" Asa's retort held a mixture of desperation and conviction, her voice carrying above the chaos. Beads of sweat formed on her brow as she clung to Denji, her lifeline in this frenzy.

As their gaze lifted, a collective gasp left their lips. Above them, tentacles coiled ominously, casting an oppressive shadow over their escape route. The tentacles struck with a coordinated malevolence, aiming to entangle and devour. Denji's bike roared in response, its chainsaw-like blade ripping through the encroaching limbs with a savage precision.