Part Three

I haven't spoken to Hotch or seen Jack around as much. I barely knew them, but I wanted to know an update on them. Hotch told me about his impending divorce from Haley and it has become even harder to see Jack since Haley moved out. Quite sad really, but all I could do is try to comfort him. And I did this by getting him a refill of his frozen yogurt.

After a few minutes, we both decided to get back to the BAU. But not before buying another frozen yogurt, for the trip.

We were only gone thirty minutes, and everyone was on the jet already.

I looked at Hotch from my desk as he stood at the doors of the bullpen. "Back to normal," I give him a small smile.

I knew he knew what that meant. Once we were within proximity of the team, it was usual to pretend that Hotch and I never had friendly conversations. It tears down my seemingly stone wall guard, which is actually paper thin.

He nodded and continued on his own to the jet, with his go-bag in one hand and his frozen yogurt in the other.

I stayed back a moment to spread our arrival times. I sat down at my desk and checked the time, fifteen minutes until we have to go, so maybe I should wait five to ten minutes.

No one else was in the bullpen since there was brunch in a conference room down the hall, so I decided to take a power nap. This nap lasted no longer than three minutes, another sad thing. Picking up my head, I exhaled. All I wanted to do was to put it back down on the desk, whether it was to try to sleep or just have it down.

Before I could decide what to do, I saw a man standing at the bullpen's doors in the corner of my eye. I didn't recognize him, not that I would recognize him even if he worked here for as long as I have or longer. He just stood there watching me and I watched him until my phone rang.

I looked down to check who was calling my phone, it was Hotchner.

When I looked back up, the man was gone. Talk about creepy, and it is not even October.

I answered my phone. "Ye-ah...No...Okay, on my way. Yep, yeah, bye."

Hanging up the phone, I groaned and gathered my belongings. Then I made my way to the jet.

I walked onto the jet with a big, obviously fake, smile and headed to the farthest seat in the back. It seemed like no one was there. I set my bag on the chair closest to the aisle then walked into the seat near the window. I was getting comfy, almost to the point of closing my eyes, when I noticed Emily was sitting diagonally across from me. She was smiling. 

This was funny.

"Sorry, I'll move if this is your spot," I say with a sigh as I pick my head up from the windowsill.

Emily shook her head, "I have no problem. Plus, you look comfortable there, and I wouldn't want to interrupt that peacefulness."

"Yeah," I agreed. I wanted to tell her how it did not matter how comfortable the spot was, I couldn't sleep. But I didn't, and I couldn't. I don't know Emily enough to think she could keep my issue a secret, even when at times it can be used against me when working.

I just sat there looking at her, my hand holding my head up.

She is so pretty.

"If you want, my shoulder is free. I bet it's more comfortable than exhausting your hand or getting pain from your head leaning on the side." Emily offered, nudging her shoulder up and down.

"Tempting," I responded. "But that is too much friendliness, I don't know if you are a witch who can get into my head."

"Hm, you never know."