Part Seven

The seats available at the table were the two next to Miranda. Addison guided me to sit in the middle seat, to be next to her and Miranda. No one spoke. There was no watching me, just occasional glances. I wanted to say something, to move on from the dramatic moment I took.

That's when I realized, they were not just watching me because of what happened. They were watching me because I didn't touch the plate of food. I didn't notice it but my head was rested on Addison's shoulder. She tried several times to feed her food to me. All I did was deny it and keep my eyes on JJ.

"We are going to be leaving tonight," a voice spoke. Then another, "Well, I look forward to seeing you all again soon." I hate traveling on an empty stomach. I moved my gaze from JJ to my plate. Picking my head up, I reached for the fork and raised it to my mouth. I continued that action until my plate was cleared. "Good Job," someone commented. I was able to catch the last movement of their lips, it was JJ. She said it with a smile. I couldn't tell if that was supposed to be encouraging or condescending And, honestly, I don't care what her intentions were.

I got up from my chair and walked out of the room. I sat down in the living room for a moment. On the coffee table were the keys to the SUV. I leaned back the in chair to look into the dining room, no one had their eyes on me. I carefully picked up her keys and quietly made my way out of the house. The opening of the door was the one thing to brought their attention in my direction. I calmly walked out before running to the vehicle and starting it. I quickly reversed out of the driveway and sped down the street.

After a half hour, I needed to stop for gas. I pull into the gas station and I reach for my phone that was in my back pocket. The only call missed was Hotch. "One call.." I whispered, almost disappointed. I call him back.

AH: Arizona...

AG: I will come back, I promise.

AH: You took the SUV

AG: It- It needs gas.

AH: It needed gas, huh? How kind of you to speed through stoplights to get it...

AG: Yes, I am kind...

AH: Arizona...

AG: You gave me a babysitter, Hotch. Two, maybe not intentionally. Do you know how that feels?

AH: I am trying to have your back.

AG: Have my back? That is not having my back, Aaron.

AH: Go back, so you can yell in my face sooner.

AG: Tell me how to fill up gas and maybe I will consider it...

Aaron Hotcher lists out the steps and I follow them. "I don't want to go back, Hotch," I tell him, as I get into the SUV. I sighed, buckling the seatbelt. I rested my head on the steering wheel for barely seven seconds before someone honked at me. Hotch was still talking, trying to assure me of things that I believed were stupid. "I got to go.." I hung up the phone, started the car then honked at the woman in the car across from me for a solid minute.

Driving out of the gas station, I began to drive back to Miranda's house. Not directly, I kept making turns to make my journey back longer. When I finally returned, Addison was leaning against her car in the driveway waiting for me. Her arms were crossed over her chest, appearing serious. Ready to give a lecture. Despite her attempt to keep a straight face, I could tell she was worried for me. I pulled into the driveway, turned the car off, and stepped out. "I am sorry..." I said before standing in the spot next to her. Addison gave me a look before pulling me into a hug. She hugged me tighter then tighter before letting me go. "I am sorry..." I whispered.

Addison shook her head, "no need for apologies." She smiled again, before looking to the windows of the house. Although it was not supposed to be obvious, Miranda was watching them. "Listen, you are going to be going back with Emily and Jennifer."

"Fine," I say, fighting the urge to start desperately pleading against the decision made. I dusted off the front of my pants, for no reason, and returned to my spot in the backseat of the SUV.

Miranda, Emily, and JJ walked out of the house. Emily and JJ thanked Miranda for dinner, but Miranda was focused on Addison. She was standing facing away from the SUV, covering her face with her hands. Of Course, when Emily and JJ began to approach her, Addison pulled herself together. Afterward, she nodded to Miranda and then got into her car.

Emily and JJ were the first to leave the driveway, more silent than ever. I watched Addison reverse out of the driveway, and for as long as I could.

The drive back to the hotel was quiet. No words were said, no radio. Or, at least, to my knowledge, there was no sound on the way back. I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was in the hotel room. Looking down, I was under the covers and in the same clothes as the night before. I pulled on the cover as I usually did every day in my own house, but there was resistance on the other side of the bed. I assumed the other side was tucked so I continued to pull on the cover, even though I was hanging off the bed.

"Fine, have it!" A woman spoke, letting go of the cover.

I fell to the ground. "Prentiss?" I groaned softly, turning over from my stomach to my back.

"You are a cover hog."

"There are two beds, get your butt into the other one!"

"I would but this one is so warm and comfortable." She said with a smile. Rolling over to what was my side of the bed, she peeks her head over to look at me. "Are you okay?" I rolled my eyes. "Are you going to get up from there?" She asked. "We have a dinner reservation in an hour and I don't want to cancel it ... Arizona"

It was now that I remembered I agreed to a dinner. "Wait, but the plans changed. I was with Dr. Bailey and Dr. Montgomery last night and..."

"You ran away..." Emily continued. "Regardless, I like you too much to let you worm your way out. A promise is a promise."

"Ugh." I sat up. My gaze went to her smile, her lips which were only an inch or two away from mine. "Well..." I paused, still looking at her lips. "I promise to get you back for this, Emily." I moved over a bit before standing and walking to the bathroom. "I am wearing sneakers!"