Part Ten

Any sane, or normal, person would not have invited their neighbor over to eat Hotch's leftovers for breakfast. I had just thought to myself that I was friendly enough. So, why did I let him in? Hell if I know, because I do not.

Henry and I sit on opposite ends of the couch in my living room. He eats the food while I drink a glass of wine, glancing over at him now and then. His eyes were on the television. I let him choose what we watched, because all I knew to choose was Friends. Sort of funny, given I have none. He chose to watch Pretty Little Liars. If I am being honest, I loved that show when it aired but I am not into the idea of rewatching it. Yet, I just let him choose it.

We sat there in silence, even as I ignored more calls from Hotch. After thirteen missed calls, he decides to text. Are you coming into work today, he asks. I looked at the time, then at the empty glass in front of me. Running late but I will make it for 12 PM, I respond. I figured I could squeeze in time to finish the season at least. Finishing a season before being productive is a bad habit. Or finishing a series first, no matter the length. It could even be 100 million seasons long. Henry must have noticed Hotch's text because a couple of minutes later he swiped my phone from the cushion between us. He texted Hotch be there in an hour before I could snatch my phone back.

"Evil. An evil man you are," I say rolling my eyes. Pouring myself another glass, I raised the glass to my nose before taking a sip.

Henry sighed. "You have a job and I can tell you are tired of me. Even when I entered through the front door." "Not true." "Really?" He asked, raising a brow. "Then can I take you to dinner?" I took a deep breath in, keeping my eyes on the glass in my hand.

Why does everyone want to have a meal with me? ... Saying everyone is exaggerating, considering it was only two people. Three, if you count Hotch's hotel food.

"You can take me for coffee," I responded dropping my shoulders down. "I am going to need like five of them though, so that is the cost of a meal right there." Henry agreed. He waited in the living room for me, while I ran upstairs to take a quick shower and get ready for work. He insisted on driving me to work but in my car. I found that weird but just accepted it. He is going to buy my coffee so I shouldn't fight it.

I arrived at work at 9:06 AM, only six minutes late. My first day of being late. I walked into the bullpen with a tray fitting four coffees and one in my hand. He did buy five coffees for me.

It makes me think, is that love? Could I move on from the Emily Prentiss? ... With a boy?

I walked to my desk, ignoring another huddle by Derek's desk. I expected the one to look up at me to be Jennifer, but it was Emily. After I got settled at my desk, logged into my computer, she walked over to me. "How did you sleep?" She asked with a hint of sarcasm in her question. I rolled my eyes, not giving her an answer, as I raised the cup of coffee to my lips. Before I could drink from it, she took it from me and took a sip from it. Everyone just loves to take things from me. She placed it back down on my desk. "It is not alcohol, none of them are. Chill, or you can just infect all of my coffees." I said assuming that she was checking for alcohol.

"I wouldn't mind one, thanks!" She laughed and pulled one from the tray. After, she didn't leave my desk. She kept sitting in the corner. "Are you going to apologize?"

"What did I do to you?"

Emily laughed, leaning her head back. She looked at the rest of the team, and Hotch walking out of his office. "Well, ignoring my calls... and my help?"

"Both were not needed. I was not obligated to answer and I don't have to tell you anything, Prentiss." I say standing up with my cup of coffee. I was going to walk away but I turned back to face her. "I am going to the bathroom, do you feel obligated to follow me?" I ask and she doesn't answer. I walk away, heading in the direction of the bathroom but going into the staircase. I probably stayed there for some time because Rossi entered the staircase and leaned his head down the stairs. "Hey Geller, Hotch said you are going to be going with us on another case."