Part Twelve

The Next Morning.

I changed my mind about leaving. I don't care that Hotch bought me a plane ticket. I'll pay him back. I can't let him kick me off the case, whether or not I agree with his decision. Or the decision he tried to make, which I am going against.

I get dressed in a comfy, casual outfit then take a taxi to the police station. When I walked in, I was approached by Hotch. Part of me wanted to slap him for pushing me off to go home and the other wanted to give him a hug because he cares enough to do that. We have a small argument, that I win, before he guides me to where the rest of the team is. They too had shocked expressions, and I nodded to them before sitting beside Emily. She tried to place my hand on my leg. Something I have noticed she does with JJ, with a couple soft pats. I leaned my leg to the side, away from her, and she moved her hand away.

Time Skip: It has been almost two weeks. Our killer had seemed to disappear, or left the area. I had been staying in Hotchner's hotel room, on his spare bed. I tried to talk to the team about things other than the case, even if I knew nothing about the topic. Like sports, ... bad idea. Reid corrected me, which made everyone laugh. I didn't mind it, but something that did bother me was Emily kept watching me. This attention a couple weeks ago would have probably made me go crazy. It's not making me crazy now because it's not an almost flirty look, but more of a sad one. I am trying to avoid her, without being the type of person who walks the opposite direction.

I like her face, and company too much.

When we get back to the BAU, everyone goes to their desks. Hotch said we could leave if we wanted to, but none of us did. It was a new, bright and sunny day. And we all took a nap on the jet.

We work until the end time of our usual work day in the office. I was half asleep, scrolling through some website that I don't even remember pressing to look into. I wasn't even reading the article, just looking at the screen.

When I finally noticed Rossi sitting at the corner of my desk, I sat back in my chair and wiped my eyes. "How long have you been sitting there?" I ask. "Just a minute, not long." He shrugs, smiling. I rolled my eyes with a smile, knowing it was longer than a minute. "I know you were never into coming to team dinners..." He pauses, keeping eye contact with me. "Tomorrow is my birthday, as you may or may not know. And I am hosting a dinner. Everyone from the team is coming, which you may say is enough people, but it would mean the world to me if you came."

"You say that every time."

"I don't say it's my birthday every time."

I sigh, still smiling. My gaze shifted from Rossi to Emily, who was talking with Reid at the other side of the room. "I guess, I can come for at least an hour." I shrug and look back at Rossi. "Agent Arizona Geller," He formally addressed me, placing a hand on my shoulder. "You have just made my night." Rossi then walked away, out of the bullpen. Within minutes, everyone else left the bullpen. It was just me now.

I intentionally waited for everyone else to leave.

When I went for the elevator, I remembered that I didn't have my car with me. Henry took me to work that day two weeks ago. I covered my face with my face, and groaned. "You alright?" A familiar woman's voice spoke. A voice I knew all too well, because I love it. I uncover my face and see Emily standing beside me. "I don't mean to pry..." she continued.

"Oh, n-no, yeah." I say as I pull my sleeves over my hands. Her eyes looked at my hands, and I looked at hers. I could tell that Emily wanted to make some kind of physical contact. "You sure?" she asked. I nodded my head with a small smile. "Yeah, um- what are you doing here? I thought you left."