Part Nine

Since I decided the apply makeup to my scars, I changed into a loose T-shirt.

Once I finished brushing my teeth, I packed my toothbrush and other belongings from the bathroom into my suitcase. Then I got into the second bed and just kept my eyes on the small television. Again, I remained unamused by the jokes. Emily woke up a couple minutes into an episode but she tried to pretend that she was asleep. Why? I have no idea, other than to try and profile me like everyone loves to do. I could see her eyes open and on me from the corner of my eyes. Luckily her phone rang before I snapped at her. She pretended that she was waking up from the ringtone, but her acting skills at this moment needed some work.

"Prentiss," she answered the call. "Uh-huh, okay.... Sure, we will meet you at the jet soon"

Emily faked a yawn, "Well time to go." She stands up from the bed and stretches out her arms. She looked over at me, who didn't move a muscle at the news of the case closing. "Oh no, keep calm." She chuckled, before going to the bathroom. When Emily finished in the bathroom, I was ready to leave. All of my things were packed into my bag and I had my sneakers home. I am surprised that the case closed in only twenty-four hours of us being there, but I guess the universe wants me to be home too.

"Well, now you're excited," Emily said holding her belongings and walking past me to place them in her bag.

I shrugged. "I just want to get back home, and be in my bed.."

Emily starts to laugh. "You slept for hours!" Her laughter began to die down as she watched my expression not even move to smile. She finished packing her belongings, ensuring she was not leaving anything behind. She sat beside me and looked at the television, glancing at me. "Arizona... you slept for hours. And I mean hours. The night we came back from Miranda's dinner to the evening of yesterday, then you slept with no problem last night ... after you had a few, possibly too many shots."

"I didn't say you can ask a question, but we both know that you are getting to one. Go right ahead, Agent Prentiss."

"Do you sleep?" She asked.

I didn't answer. I kept my eyes on the television, not even caring to look at her face which kept trying to catch my gaze. "I sleep, I am not crazy" I finally answered, standing up. "Just because I can sleep for more than 8 hours doesn't mean I don't sleep."

"I am just worried about you Arizona."

"Don't worry about me!" I yell, placing my hands on the top of my head as I start to pace up and down in front of the television. I don't like people worrying about me. There is so many other things to worry about. Other people need someone to care the way Emily is trying to care for me, but I don't need her to care for me. "I had a couple of drinks, maybe they were shots. I don't remember. Thank you for bringing me back here and taking care of me, but I don't need you to do that. I can handle myself. I can take care of myself." Emily's eyes were starting to fill with tears. I probably do look like I am crazy, pacing with my hands up. I could see a tear almost escape Emily's eye before she wiped it away with her hand. I can't be here. I grab my bag and make my way to the door of the room. When I opened it, everyone from the team was standing outside in the hall. They heard me yell out Emily and almost stormed out. 

Now they continue to stand there, blocking my path. I pushed past Hotch and JJ to go to the elevators, while JJ then entered Emily and I's hotel room to check on Emily. Hotch followed behind me. 

"Arizona" He called out before entering the elevator. "When we get back to the BAU, I am ordering you to be on desk duty. No argument.."

"I wasn't going to argue," I say crossing my arms over my chest.